Connection ErrorBad RequestThis page went staleSession ExpiredSign in requiredForbiddenNot FoundToo Many RequestsServer ErrorBad GatewayService UnavailableGateway TimeoutHTTP Version Not Supported
Session Expired
Your session has expired. Please log in to continue.
Sign in required
You need an account to do that. Sign in or create one — it only takes a minute.
This page went stale
Your security token was rejected, usually because the page sat open too long or you signed in elsewhere. Nothing was saved. Reload the page and try again.
Request Failed
We encountered an issue while processing your request.
Please check your internet connection and try again.
Well, I don't know, I've always noticed this. I specifically tried hitting ghosts three times: sometimes I hit them on the first try, sometimes on the second or third, but I've never had three misses in a row.
So, I got lucky. Once, I suffered huge losses when I missed three times in a row. That's right, it's written in the manual that after three misses, a hit is guaranteed, and vice versa.
Three misses in a row can happen, but four never do.
Three misses in a row, as well as three hits, are impossible. This is fixed in patch 3.1. So, for example, you can always count on the fact that a ballista will hit at least once.
It doesn't weaken the Necromancers; two misses are enough for the Spirits – in general, it's not that noticeable – but Spirits can still deal significant damage to many units!
Okay, so we played, and I forgot to report.
Here's the situation:
Castles:
Sylvan
Orc
Order
Necropolis
AI:
Necropolis
Academy.
The start of the battles occurred at the beginning of the 3rd week, at the end of the 3rd week, and in the middle of the second month.
At the beginning of the 3rd week, the Orcs defeated the Order. At the end of the 3rd week, I defeated the Orcs and the Academy. The Necropolis (player) defeated the Order and the Necropolis (AI).
I want to say that I started well. In the tavern at the beginning, I found Ossir with archers and passed them on to Wing. I captured all the dwellings at the end of the 2nd week. Also, on the way to the Academy, 22 higher druids joined me.
At the end of the week, I upgraded my castles. In the middle of the 1st week (2nd month), I went to dig up Ash, cleared Utopia, and started collecting the artifacts I needed.
I found everything except the staff... I had 9 luck points, so I decided to go see how the enemy was doing... In the middle of the 2nd month, I went to the Necropolis... who was pushing me there? So, from the darkness on the map, an enemy hero attacked me... and guess what... his army: 2200 skeleton archers, ~1300 zombies, ~720 specters, ~410 vampires, ~260 liches, ~190 banshees, ~80 dragons... plus, the hero was level 27 (I was level 24)... he defeated me almost without losses, because after the game, I watched a replay of each player's moves, and he had the staff I was looking for... and super banshees... so, I only managed to kill a few of his vampires... I put up a good fight, as befits an elf!))) There were few chances, as he was constantly reinforcing his army, and I didn't know who I was attacking at the end of the 3rd week... not a single one of his castles was taken)))
Moral: The Sylvan has a chance against the Necropolis only in a castle vs. castle scenario, i.e., 1 on 1, and before the start of the second month.
P.S. I think this topic will be useful for everyone who wants to play as the Sylvan against the Necropolis. Don't repeat my mistakes! Good luck!
Indeed, Avenger is right – if the Tear of Ashi is about gold and the army, it’s worth remembering, as the increase becomes greater. However, a Necromancer at level 27 with 190 Banshees is a death sentence. Could you share a video?
The video is quite large, around 4 GB. What kind of cheating is this? In the video, I saw him acquire all of this himself... (version 3.0, not 3.1). He simply moved creatures from castle to castle and transformed them... He also had a caravan with an army approaching... =/ + He also got the Amulet of Mastery...
What kind of cheating are we talking about? Let's take dragons as an example. 80 dragons in six weeks – where did they come from??? Necromancers on veteran difficulty often don't even reach the point of having dragons because they need a huge amount of resources. If dragons did appear, it was probably around week 4, with exceptional skill and luck allowing it to happen in week 3. Transformations require an enormous amount of money to create such an army. Something doesn't add up.
Perhaps the dumb AI was building castles for the undead and not buying any units????
Enough whining! Necropolis has the weakest army in Heroes 5! And nothing can save them, even if you keep merging units. Against Necropolis, Chaos is the way to go, so Necromancer can easily defeat those who like to play with Elves! And what kind of hero was he playing as when he used Necropolis?