Connection ErrorBad RequestThis page went staleSession ExpiredSign in requiredForbiddenNot FoundToo Many RequestsServer ErrorBad GatewayService UnavailableGateway TimeoutHTTP Version Not Supported
Session Expired
Your session has expired. Please log in to continue.
Sign in required
You need an account to do that. Sign in or create one — it only takes a minute.
This page went stale
Your security token was rejected, usually because the page sat open too long or you signed in elsewhere. Nothing was saved. Reload the page and try again.
Request Failed
We encountered an issue while processing your request.
Please check your internet connection and try again.
The map is quite good, but a major drawback is the constant, sudden appearance of large armies. In the final battle, I simply turned off the game after 4 or 5 stacks of 50 angels appeared.
It's a boss, after all. It's quite possible to beat him (tip: you can just accumulate resources). Anyway, thank you for the walkthrough and feedback! I hope you will still manage to beat the boss and watch the final cutscene.
Good evening! I started playing through the map. I'm not a very good player (I'm playing as Barbarian on this map), but I can't figure out how to get past the point where Andrias attacks Castlecross. I defend it, but with losses, because there are 100+ archers, 40+ priests, and a leveled-up ballista. Then, 5 days later, he comes back with the same army. I defend again, and 3 days later, he attacks again. I can't abandon the town because if he captures it, it's an automatic loss. Is this how it's supposed to be, and am I just playing poorly, or is this not normal?
Hello, BlueHeavenHero. I finished playing your map and specifically registered on HeroesWorld to leave a review. The map is good. I enjoyed playing it. The visual design of the map is decent. The story, although somewhat sparse, is understandable. The battles with accompanying scripts deserve special praise, as I haven't seen such things since the Zehir campaign in the original Heroes game. The cutscene for the battle for Holyfire is excellent (the others are also good, but this one is my favorite). But even now, with the latest changes, there are some minor flaws on the map (or maybe it's just me, due to my old computer...). 1. The Death Harvesters are missing an icon. Well, it's there, but it looks like a TV screen with no signal. 2. After Hafad transforms into a necromancer, his model disappears. It's problematic to transfer an army into nothingness)). And he's also gone from the cutscenes. (That's all I can remember) Next, some minor criticisms of the scenario itself: 1. As I understand it, the idea was that 3 wandering knights should join the hero, but in my opinion, this makes the start of the game too easy, as any starting battle before Laslo is very easy to win, even on a hero. 2. Useless Death Harvesters. And I'm not talking about their strength or anything else, but about the fact that Hafad summons them every time, and they die after 5-7 seconds from Holy Word (I'm talking about their participation in the cutscenes). 3. Too many keys. And in the end, I didn't even understand where the key I obtained in the battle with Chaos was used. Also, I didn't understand where the key to the library was, after which I decided to take a break and finally clear out the Dungeon of Mythgard, because I had given up on it, as it doesn't have too many battles with a lot of experience... And I found the key to the library by accidentally stumbling upon some vampires. This is a negative. Because of this, I had to use cheats and literally teleport around the map and interact with many objects. Maybe I just didn't read where to find the key (if such information was available), but the fact that it used to be some kind of object, and now it's a group of vampires guarding a tower with a level 5 spell that gives me a quest that I've already completed without understanding why there are undead with demons, is a problem. 4. The map is passive, and this cannot be solved by the aggressiveness of the blue player. The map is passive because you sit and wait for enough undead to accumulate in all the cities so that you can defeat the dwarf castle, the mage castle, and the demon castle, while Alaric and Valeria run around like mosquitoes and change flags on the mines.
In the end, I enjoyed the playthrough, except for the moment with the blunder that I described a little above. I liked the map, and I will gladly play "Heart of Chaos".
Thank you for reading my review. Have a nice day! (Sorry if there are missing commas. It's my weakness.)
Good evening! I started playing through the map. I'm not a very good player (I'm playing as a Warrior on this map), but I can't figure out how to get past the point where Andreas attacks Castlecross. I beat him, but with losses, because there are 100+ archers, 40+ priests, and an upgraded ballista there. And in 5 days, he comes back again with the same army. I beat him again, and in 3 days, he attacks again. But I can't abandon the city because if he captures it, it's an automatic loss. Is this how it's supposed to be, and am I just playing badly, or is this not normal?
Well... that's how it's supposed to be.
Added 2 minutes ago DarkZotov
Hello, BlueHeavenHero. I played through your map and specifically registered on HeroesWorld to leave a review. The map is good. I enjoyed playing it. The visuals of the map are not bad. The story, although sparse, is understandable. The battles during which scripts occur deserve special praise, because the last ones I saw were only in the Zehir campaign of the original Heroes. The cutscene of the battle for Holyfire is excellent (the others are also good, but this one is my favorite). But even now, with the latest changes on the map, there are some minor flaws (or maybe it's just me because of my old computer...). 1. The Death Harvesters are missing an icon. Well, it's there, but it looks like a TV screen with no signal. 2. After Hafaad transforms into a Necromancer, his model disappears. It's problematic to transfer the army into nothingness)). And he's also gone from the cutscenes. (That's all I remember) Next, some minor criticisms of the scenario itself: 1. As I understand it, it was intended that 3 wandering Knights should join the hero, but in my opinion, this makes the start of the game too easy, because any starting battle before Laslo is very easy to win, even with a hero. 2. Useless Death Harvesters. And I'm not talking about their strength or anything else, but about the fact that Hafaad summons them every time, and they die after 5-7 seconds from Holy Word (I'm talking about their participation in the cutscenes). 3. Too many keys. And in the end, I didn't even understand what the key I got in the battle with Chaos was used for. I also didn't understand where the key to the library was, after which I decided to rest and finally clear out the Mythgard dungeon, because I had given up on it, as it doesn't have too many battles with a lot of experience... And I found the key to the library by accidentally stumbling upon vampires. This is a minus. Because of this, I had to turn on cheats and literally teleport around the map and touch a lot of objects. Maybe I just didn't read where to find the key (if such information was available), but the fact that it used to be some kind of object, and now it's a stack of vampires guarding a tower with a level 5 spell that gives me a quest that I've already completed, without understanding why undead are with demons, is a negative. 4. The map is passive, and this cannot be solved by the aggressiveness of the blue player. The map is passive because you sit and wait until enough army accumulates in all the Necromancer cities to defeat the Dwarf castle, the Mage castle, and the Demon castle, while Alaric and Valeria run around like mosquitoes and change flags on the mines.
In the end, I enjoyed playing through it, except for the moment with the blunder that I described a little above. I liked the map, and I will gladly play "Heart of Chaos".
Thank you for reading my review. Have a nice day! (Sorry if there are missing commas. It's my weakness.)
Thank you for playing through it and for the detailed review!
I probably shouldn't be updating the map, improving the visuals of the heroes and creatures. It's a shame you didn't see the NecroHafaad model!
I will update the archive soon, I will see what that "TV screen" is and why Hafaad doesn't have a model.
Added 15 minutes ago
Yes... There are several files that I uploaded earlier that were recompressed. I updated the archive, now the NecroHafaad model is there, and the TV is gone.
I really need to stop getting into the habit of updating an already working map, adding all sorts of visual junk to it and ruining what is already ready. I apologize.
I'm rereading the thread and realizing how much cringe I added to the release of this map. Oh, Elrath, from now on, I'll be more careful when testing my creations. In the future, there might be an update to the map (adapting it for a campaign mission).
Yes, it was a good map, a fun one. It might even be the most bug-ridden map at release in the history of the forum. I'm not saying this to offend anyone.