Connection ErrorBad RequestThis page went staleSession ExpiredSign in requiredForbiddenNot FoundToo Many RequestsServer ErrorBad GatewayService UnavailableGateway TimeoutHTTP Version Not Supported
Session Expired
Your session has expired. Please log in to continue.
Sign in required
You need an account to do that. Sign in or create one — it only takes a minute.
This page went stale
Your security token was rejected, usually because the page sat open too long or you signed in elsewhere. Nothing was saved. Reload the page and try again.
Request Failed
We encountered an issue while processing your request.
Please check your internet connection and try again.
Error Details:
Share Link
Patch 3.1 – we’ve been waiting for it.Auto-translated
NEREWAR In version 3.0, I completed all the original game's campaigns, as well as the first three missions from the "The Restoration of Erathia" campaign. I never found any artifacts on the battlefield. But in version 3.1, I find them. Sometimes even several at once.
I finally downloaded this patch:smile42:... My impressions... Awesome:smile20:! The game is better with this patch, although I haven't tried the windowed mode yet, but that's for later... heh-heh-heh.
In version 3.0, I constantly found artifacts. I remember being very surprised in the Arantir campaign. At first, I thought it was scripted because when replaying a battle, the same artifact would drop from the enemy. Later, in the Zehir campaign, this bothered me: in the first mission, Zehir could retreat and buy himself out in the city, but he would lose artifacts. Moreover, I think he lost more artifacts if he had few troops left.
Слово "РАСА" пишется с одной буквой С. В слове ВОИН нет буквы Й. Пять восклицательных знаков в конце каждого предложения - признак подростковых комплексов.
I installed the patch today. I don't even know what to say. It both pleased and disappointed me at the same time. The AI has definitely become a bit smarter; the tricks I used to use on it no longer work. This includes the AI's resistance to summoned creatures and its clear dislike for crystals of the secret, which it now attacks with pleasure (although not always).
I was pleased that a number of bugs have been fixed. However, one bug that annoyed me the most is still present. Maybe someone has already written about it, but Berserkers, when using their ability, do not pass through a destroyed wall to attack enemy units inside the fortress. Instead, they attack the nearest friendly unit, even though the enemy is within range, but inside the fortress.
The changes to the balance caused some dislike. I haven't noticed all the changes yet, but I think the previous balance was good, and there was no need to change anything. It will take many hours of practice to get used to the new changes. Of course, it would be great if a guide for version 3.1 is released soon.
Well, there weren't any major balance changes, as far as I know. And the manual for 3.1 has been released, but only in English for now. According to the authors, the Russian version of this manual will be released in 1-2 weeks.
I didn't notice it myself, but forum users wrote that higher-level demons now take more damage after jumping, and water elementals cast a less powerful stone spell, and other changes as well. It's generally very difficult to feel the changes in the balance; I'm waiting for the Russian version of the manual.
P.S. Can you provide a link to the English version?
Yesterday, in the 1st mission playing as Zehir, I became convinced that the AI doesn't ignore summoned creatures. In fact, it pays them too much attention. Several stacks of melee units attacked my air elementals in the center of the battlefield, without even trying to reach the main troops, until they were taken down by gremlins, mages, and assassins.
It's definitely a good thing that the game no longer ignores summoned creatures. Previously, when playing as Inferno, you could create a bottleneck for melee attackers (especially large ones) by blocking the path with summoned stacks. Now, the AI has shifted to the other extreme, and this can be exploited again...
Also, in version 3.1, you can't apply the fire trap and crystal enchantments to ranger arrows... that's disappointing!
I'm experiencing a bug with patch 3.1. I installed it, but when I launch the game, it says I'm running version 3.0. I've tried reinstalling it, but it says the patch is already installed.
Небо – мольбы не ждёт Небо – угроз не слышит Небо – ведёт особый счёт Небо – тебя найдёт
I have some kind of bug with patch 3.1. I installed it, I launch the game, and it says I have version 3.0. I tried reinstalling it, but it says the patch is already installed.
1. Check if there is a "Fullscreen" option in the video settings. If there is, then the patch was installed, but for some reason it is not displayed in the menu. Take some Imps from the Warlock and have them fight a couple of battles. If the neutrals behave as if... um, as if they are drunk (they run around the battlefield, pretending to look for the Imps), then the patch was installed again.
If the first step is not completed, see step 2.
2. Delete the game, delete all game folders and files (save files, you can hide them somewhere in a safe place), delete all entries in the registry related to the game (search for nival, heroes, etc.). Install the game, launch it, create an account (a hero profile), copy the patch to the game directory (disk:\Nival Interactive\Heroes of Might and Magic V - Tribes of the East\here, or maybe deeper - into the bin folder), install the patch.
Enjoy the game.
P.S. If nothing works, then: 1. It is possible that Windows is in such a terrible state that only reinstalling the OS will help. 2. It is possible that some program/driver/device is conflicting with the patch/game.
2 Tier There is one nuance. If you started playing a map on version 3.0, then after installing the patch, you will not be able to load saves started on version 3.0 and will have to continue playing on version 3.0. Try starting a new map. Have a good game!
I have some kind of bug with patch 3.1. I installed it, I launch the game, and it says that I have version 3.0. I tried to reinstall it, but it says that the patch is already installed.
Heh... I had the same problem today... I haven't been home for a while (I'm in the hospital), and yesterday I saw on the forum that I was behind and patch 3.1 is already out... I downloaded it, installed it on my computer... and today I decided to install it on my laptop... but it didn't install (although it said it was installed), but a "Heroes" folder was created in the "Heroes" folder... After thinking for a bit, I remembered the problem with the map editor - it helped. In short, the essence of the error is that there were Russian characters in the path... if you have the same, try to uninstall Heroes (otherwise the patch will not install, if you tried) and reinstall it in an English-language folder, and then install the patch on top.
Added after 38 minutes I haven't had time to play properly yet, but I was glad that such a small flaw as an incomplete translation has been fixed, because the English names of the Dwarf heroes and the Altar of the Order were annoying (or is it just me?). A funny story happened after I installed the patch... I launched a save game, and I have a glitch in map view mode - the bottom panels are raised about 3 cm higher - it was really annoying... I already thought - why did I install the patch... but everything was fine when I created a new game =))
I'll tell you what I did. I didn't really overthink it. I just copied the game folder to another logical drive (without deleting or changing anything).
(The game was on drive D, and I copied it to drive E).
Then, I simply ran patch 3.1 on the previously installed game (on drive D). Now everything is fine.
If I want to play version 3.1, I launch it from drive D.
If I want to play version 3.0, I launch it from drive E (i.e., the copy I made before installing patch 3.1).
The only thing is that now saves and replays are shared (for both versions) on drive C (in the documents folder).
Added after 4 hours 10 minutes
Regarding the change in balance in the game with neutral creatures... I haven't tested it much, but:
1. Version 3.0: For example, there was a battle - the hero (level 15, Orc) with four squads of level 1 units each defeated 25 Archmages (four squads). The AI was acting stupidly when it shouldn't have - casting punishing strike and other spells.
In version 3.1, the same hero, the outcome of the battle is the same - victory over the mages (isn't that ridiculous - 4 units of level 1 can defeat 25 archmages, but the hero has a machine gun and spells :p).
2. Second case - in version 3.0, four squads of level 1 units defeat 4 squads of Cavern Crawlers (mages) - a total of 22. My losses - 1 unit. The Cavern Crawlers are doing stupid things - for example, casting a destructive beam.
But in version 3.1, this trick no longer works - because they immediately attack with a fireball!
It turns out that they slightly adjusted the balance of the battle with neutral creatures, so it will be more fun to play!