Connection ErrorBad RequestThis page went staleSession ExpiredSign in requiredForbiddenNot FoundToo Many RequestsServer ErrorBad GatewayService UnavailableGateway TimeoutHTTP Version Not Supported
Session Expired
Your session has expired. Please log in to continue.
Sign in required
You need an account to do that. Sign in or create one — it only takes a minute.
This page went stale
Your security token was rejected, usually because the page sat open too long or you signed in elsewhere. Nothing was saved. Reload the page and try again.
Request Failed
We encountered an issue while processing your request.
Please check your internet connection and try again.
I would like to have a forum thread with a list of recommended games, categorized according to certain criteria, with optional comments from users.
Here's how it (might) work:
Game titles appear in the thread (e.g., as a result of a request from one of the users), and I copy them into the first post of the thread and distribute them accordingly.
I find lists similar to those on Steam to be inconvenient, so such a thread would be useful. Maybe.
For example, name some games you know, regardless of the main genre, where you can create your own character with a portrait and stats (and, for example, this could include strategy games like Battlecry and RPGs like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale).
Neither Oblivion nor Skyrim features character portraits. At best, you could consider the character model from the inventory as a portrait, but this only applies to Oblivion. And, as far as I can tell, Revan didn't specifically request these games; he simply used this request as an example.
Logically, one could relate this to such a framing of the question, but personally, I separate them. In this case, it might have been better to rephrase it to encompass the possibility of customizing characters in general, but there are probably more than enough of those, both good and bad.
In short, here's a list of what came to mind right away, but in some cases, the model is either related to the portrait or, as mentioned in my previous post.
Game series: Age of Wonders, Wizardry, Might and Magic, Legend of Grimrock, Warlock, Dragon Age, Neverwinter Nights, KotoR, Spellforce, Cosmic Rangers, Eador, SoulCalibur (with the best third part, if I remember correctly), Elemental (but it only makes sense to play Legendary Heroes), Dungeon Siege, Shadowrun (lol).
Single games: Crusader Kings 2, Stellaris, Blackguards (in the sequel, you play as a fixed character), Temple of Elemental Evil, Bastard Bonds, Divine and Beyond Divinity (you can even play as a child in it), Lords of Xulima, Pillars of Eternity (you should like it), Arcanum.
I haven't listed everything, but that's enough for now.