Connection ErrorBad RequestThis page went staleSession ExpiredSign in requiredForbiddenNot FoundToo Many RequestsServer ErrorBad GatewayService UnavailableGateway TimeoutHTTP Version Not Supported
Session Expired
Your session has expired. Please log in to continue.
Sign in required
You need an account to do that. Sign in or create one — it only takes a minute.
This page went stale
Your security token was rejected, usually because the page sat open too long or you signed in elsewhere. Nothing was saved. Reload the page and try again.
Request Failed
We encountered an issue while processing your request.
Please check your internet connection and try again.
The only thing I don’t like about this challenge is that streaming is required. Let’s say someone comes up with a new strategy, and another person sees it and wins the prize. In challenges like these, there should be an option to stream privately and share the link only with the judge. And the stream recording should be saved, and access to it should be opened after the competition. And it’s up to you to decide whether to share with other participants who are currently winning and with what results, or not.
The only thing I don't like about this challenge is that it requires streaming. Let's say someone comes up with a new strategy, and another person sees it and wins the prize. In challenges like these, there should be an option to stream privately and share the link only with the judge. And the stream recording should be saved, and access to it should be opened after the competition. And it's up to you to decide whether to share with others who are currently winning in the competition and with what result, or not.
In principle, the idea is good, but streaming is also needed as a way to promote the event... you also saw how it's played on a stream. But maybe in future competitions (if there are any), there will be an option to record the game instead of streaming, or to stream only for the judge, as you suggested.
In principle, the idea is quite good, but a stream is still needed as a way to promote the event. You also saw how it was played on a stream. But maybe in future contests (if there are any) there will be an option to record the game instead of streaming, or to stream only for the judge, as you suggested.
Then I suggest letting players choose the method that suits them best. And try to promote the contest in a different way. Maybe a YouTube channel?
Then I suggest letting the players choose the method that suits them best. And try to promote the contest in a different way. Maybe a YouTube channel?
Popavasya and Gus tried playing outside of the stream. Popavasya concluded that this version is just a grind, meaning you have to run away from the AI, outsmart them, or get lucky with an early Treasure and rush the AI bases. In general, he suggests either dividing the prizes among all participants or awarding the prize to the team that played the most spectacularly (as decided by the judges).
We can discuss this together and come to some common ground, for example, on this Discord channel https://discord.gg/new2ATQ. Currently, those who want to participate are Lexiav, Keksi, Puzzo, Popavasya, Gus, and possibly Rito (he said he didn't like the co-op version). And you too, as I understand, plus a teammate.
As for other ways to promote it, I don't know, to be honest. I don't have any channels; I just create templates, and I recently started running this contest. The most interest appeared after Lexiav played in the last contest. There was even a $50 donation for the next contest, which I didn't expect at all.
I don't know anything, Valenok and I are champions on the co-op version :cool:
Yes, yes, that's true. I remember it well. Of course, the template version was quite raw back then, but it was still interesting to watch the team play.
Jebus Water
Both players start on islands. You need to capture the Town Hall to gain access to the shipyard and then sail to the island in the center.
When generating the map, you need to set the number of water tiles and islands.
It is advisable to play with the rules that prevent summoning or building boats and leaving your island until the Town Hall for the shipyard has been captured.
1. Size XL-XH. If you generate XH, the starting zones will be similar to those on a regular Jebus map (as there is a lot of water around). If you generate a smaller size, the spawn area will be smaller than on a regular Jebus map. Also, if you generate a smaller size, the generator will automatically create a Dungeon, but it will be empty and impossible to access. I think it is better to play on XH.
2. There are 5 towns in the center, like on Jebus King. This is done to reduce the chance that one of the players will sail to the center and not find a way. Unfortunately, sometimes such maps are generated where it is difficult for one player to find a way to the center.
3. If you generate XH, the center will be larger than usual, approximately like on Jebus King, and possibly even larger.
4. There are many water utopias in the water. Instead of dragons, there are hydras and sea serpents, and the contents are similar to a regular utopia but slightly smaller (1 relic, only 2 at maximum, and 10 to 30 thousand gold). It is more difficult to build chains to them, plus teleport and dimension door do not work in the water, so it is not very convenient to take them in chains. Also, there may be taverns, objects to replenish mana, resource piles, and resource banks in the water.
5. There are no neighboring spawn areas (not occupied by players).
6. In the early versions, I sometimes had one of the players generate a passage to the center by land, not by water. After all the fixes, this no longer happens in approximately 20-30 generations. But if such a map is generated, the player who sees such a passage should take a technical restart.
7. Otherwise, everything is the same as on a regular Jebus Cross.
I think it turned out to be original, although there may be balance issues. Sometimes, maps are generated where one player can reach the center 1 or even 2 days faster.
When reaching the center, it is important to either see what is in the center from the spawn (sometimes it can be seen with a scout or reconnaissance) or cast an expert map view spell, or gather more wood, build boats and caravels (preferably with navigation), put them on boats, and sail forward to decide where to send the main army. Unlike a regular Jebus map, you need to find not only where the town is, but also where the road is.
I checked, and it generates well. I just don't quite understand what the treasure is for. The whole point should be the water and the content around it. Otherwise, it's just the same as Jebus, but you have to swim to a desert. Overall, I think it would be more interesting if the center was just mountains... that way, players could at least meet on ships and fight.
Jebus Admiral Decided to try making a water template as well... Created based on the latest test version of Jebus King 2.65v4. The one without blocks and with 2 Dragon Utopias at the respawn. Select size H with water content - islands.
For some reason, Shipyards almost always spawn on the left side of the map (maybe some kind of bug). Therefore, I added portals that lead to the adjacent zone; if you were placed in the right part of the map, passing through the portal will lead you to a Shipyard (tested many times). Perfect for 2 vs 2 format: red and green against blue and brown.
There is also an idea to make a treasure zone instead of the adjacent zone. That is, each player would have their own mini-center with Dragon Utopias and unit boxes. Maybe I'll do that sometime later.
❖ 5 cities at the respawn instead of 4. ❖ Unprotected portals to the adjacent zone added. ❖ The central zone is empty, it now just contains Mountains (and one Shipyard). ❖ Many water Dragon Utopias (Temple of the Sea). Like in Jebus Water.
Compared to the previous version, I made the following changes: - Removed land-based Dragon Utopia so that it would make more sense to take marine ones. - Slightly reduced the center area. - Increased the number of taverns and mana objects in the water to make it easier to build chains.
I tried for a long time to add other islands, but I couldn't come up with a satisfactory option. The main problem when adding a larger number of zones is that a shipyard often doesn't generate for one of the players or generates in an unfavorable location (for example, in a corner, which leads to the need to swim around the entire respawn point if there is no boat summon). Also, the islands are often located too unevenly, as a result of which one of the players gets too much of an advantage. I experimented with Dontcallmechris's suggestion of using a fake Dungeon, and also tried moving the center to the Dungeon and abandoning the center altogether, but I was unable to achieve an acceptable result. In general, I decided to leave the aquatic Jebus Cross without islands. But I had an idea for another template with a large number of islands and movement across the water. It will be only slightly similar to Jebus; perhaps I can overcome these problems there. I will experiment with it.
World 1.2 A remake of Mini-Nosta with guards and zones similar to 6lm10a.
❖ More consistent zone shapes and sizes. Simplified layout. ❖ Map size from XL to G. ❖ Guaranteed control scrolls can be found in zone 262. No other scrolls are available here. ❖ Quests can only reward units.
World 242 A variation similar to the Survival template. 4 AI opponent zones where objects simply lie without guards. 4 player zones where there are only hiding places and storage. The template is designed for PVE/PVP games, 2 vs 4 vs 2. But any other variations are allowed, provided that slots 5 to 8 are occupied by computers.
World 1.2 A remake of Mini-Nosta with guards and zones similar to 6lm10a.
❖ More consistent zone shapes and sizes. Simplified layout. ❖ Map size from XL to G. ❖ Guaranteed scrolls of control can be found in zone 262. No other scrolls are available here. ❖ Quests can only reward units.
The comparison to Mini-Nosta is unclear. It resembles Boomerang much more.
The comparison with MiniNosta is unclear. It resembles Boomerang much more.
Perhaps. But the initial idea was to create a template with camps similar to 6lm or MiniNosta. However, the zones should be compact, with rounded shapes, and more roads to make the matches faster... something like that. And, of course, guaranteed control scrolls, so that it doesn't depend on rebuilding.
Since I didn't create a separate thread this time, I'll write it here. The Pohuigaming team won the competition. Congratulations to Rito and Hex on their well-deserved victory! They even managed to build the Grail, earning an easy +10 points. Their prize is $88.
The Papaguyls team (Popavasya + Goose) receives a consolation prize of 2000 rubles because they came up with the winning strategy and attracted new players to this competition. All the action started on the last day thanks to them. :D
Imagine everything turned upside down. That's the essence of Outcast. Alien structures, such as Conservatories and Hives, have been wiped off the face of the earth. The heroes you've grown accustomed to are forgotten. You'll have to rebuild the Guild of Mages countless times in search of Slow. But what will you find?
Command your native army. Build a Capitol. Return to where it all began – 1 hero, 1 life, everything as it should be. Download the meme and become an Outcaster now!