Connection ErrorBad RequestThis page went staleSession ExpiredSign in requiredForbiddenNot FoundToo Many RequestsServer ErrorBad GatewayService UnavailableGateway TimeoutHTTP Version Not Supported
Session Expired
Your session has expired. Please log in to continue.
Sign in required
You need an account to do that. Sign in or create one — it only takes a minute.
This page went stale
Your security token was rejected, usually because the page sat open too long or you signed in elsewhere. Nothing was saved. Reload the page and try again.
Request Failed
We encountered an issue while processing your request.
Please check your internet connection and try again.
In short, after three sleepless nights, I finally figured out how to fix this bug when playing under Windows 7. The key to this is the input_a2.cfg configuration file, which is located in the user folder, specifically C:\Users\your_username\Documents\My Games\Heroes of Might and Magic V — Tribes of the East\Profiles\Your_in_game_username. The problem is that when launching the game in Windows 7, you cannot change the graphics settings in the game itself; you can only do it through the corresponding configuration file using Notepad, the path to which I indicated above. You need to open this file with Notepad. Attention! Before editing this file, you need to set the graphics settings in the game by clicking the "Default" button in the corresponding section of the game, and only then edit this file. The graphics settings parameters in the file have names like: setvar gfx_16bit_mode = 0 setvar gfx_16bit_textures = 0 setvar gfx_anisotropic_filter = 8 and so on. Attention! The easiest way to set the desired graphics level (the game defaults to low settings) is to make a copy of the configuration file, then go into the game and set the desired settings there. Then exit the game, open both files - the one you copied and the one that was just edited by the game - and compare the changed parameter values. Next, we simply set the desired parameter values in the file we copied and save it to replace the file that was edited by the game, after closing the latter.
After all these manipulations, the textures in the main menu remained blurry for me, BUTall other textures started to display correctly.
In short, after three sleepless nights, I finally figured out how to fix this bug when playing under Windows 7. The key to this is the input_a2.cfg configuration file, which is located in the user folder, specifically C:\Users\your_username\Documents\My Games\Heroes of Might and Magic V — Tribes of the East\Profiles\Your_in_game_username. The problem is that when launching the game in Windows 7, you cannot change the graphics settings in the game itself; you can only do it through the corresponding configuration file using Notepad, the path to which I indicated above. You need to open this file with Notepad. Attention! Before editing this file, you need to set the graphics settings in the game by clicking the "Default" button in the corresponding section of the game, and only then edit this file. The graphics settings parameters in the file have names like: setvar gfx_16bit_mode = 0 setvar gfx_16bit_textures = 0 setvar gfx_anisotropic_filter = 8 and so on. Attention! The easiest way to set the desired graphics level (the game defaults to low settings) is to make a copy of the configuration file, then go into the game and set the desired settings there. Then exit the game, open both files - the one you copied and the one that was just edited by the game - and compare the changed parameter values. Next, we simply set the desired parameter values in the file we copied and save it to replace the file that was edited by the game, after closing the latter.
After all these manipulations, the textures in the main menu remained blurry for me, BUTall other textures started to display correctly.
In short, after three sleepless nights, I finally figured out how to fix this bug when playing under Windows 7. The key to this is the input_a2.cfg configuration file, which is located in the user folder, specifically C:\Users\your_username\Documents\My Games\Heroes of Might and Magic V — Tribes of the East\Profiles\Your_in_game_username. The problem is that when launching the game in Windows 7, you cannot change the graphics settings in the game itself; you can only do it through the corresponding configuration file using Notepad, the path to which I indicated above. You need to open this file with Notepad. Attention! Before editing this file, you need to set the graphics settings in the game by clicking the "Default" button in the corresponding section of the game, and only then edit this file. The graphics settings parameters in the file have names like: setvar gfx_16bit_mode = 0 setvar gfx_16bit_textures = 0 setvar gfx_anisotropic_filter = 8 and so on. Attention! The easiest way to set the desired graphics level (the game defaults to low settings) is to make a copy of the configuration file, then go into the game and set the desired settings there. Then exit the game, open both files - the one you copied and the one that was just edited by the game - and compare the changed parameter values. Next, we simply set the desired parameter values in the file we copied and save it to replace the file that was edited by the game, after closing the latter.
After all these manipulations, the textures in the main menu remained blurry for me, BUTall other textures started to display correctly.
the answer to your question is very simple: for those whose textures become blurry, simply remove the extra RAM stick ))) 2 zoom: I also struggled with this for a long time, but with 2 GB of RAM, everything works without blurriness; if you install 4 GB, everything becomes blurry. I think everyone has the same problem. by the way, zoom, it seems that you would have been fine just downloading a simple tweaker. Heroes of Might & Magic V Tweaker V 3.0 from the page http://www.hmmp.ru/load/16-1-0-116 it doesn't help me, though.. guys, let us know how it helps in other games??
Recently, the textures have started to glitch and blur, and this happens 100% of the time when entering the Orc Castle after each map load. Very rarely, it appears immediately after starting the game.
I tried rolling back the video driver, but it only made things worse; the textures started to blur constantly after starting the game, so I installed the latest version.
I have Windows 7, but there's no need to talk about it, as I didn't experience these glitches before.
Recently, the textures have started to glitch and blur, and this happens 100% only when entering the Orc Castle after each map load, very rarely it appears immediately after starting the game.
I tried rolling back the video driver, but it only got worse; the textures started to blur constantly after starting the game, so I installed the latest ones.
I have Windows 7, but there's no need to talk about it, as I didn't have these glitches before.
You have a total of about 4 GB of memory (RAM + video memory) - in Windows 7, Heroes 5 cannot process this amount correctly. Remove a RAM stick or revert to XP.... Also, is your video card an NVIDIA?
ATI Radeon HD 5830 video card, so why weren't there such glitches before? Nothing has changed in the system. And it's inconvenient to have to adjust the memory every time just to play.
Added after 9 minutes
By the way, after changing the image quality settings, the textures normalize, but having to do this every time after loading the game is already annoying.
Experience shows that in compatibility mode with XP, 95% of game glitches disappear on Windows 7.
I still haven't fixed this in the editor; no compatibility settings helped, but it only happened on my old laptop. One option is to try blocking the config file (that’s what I did): change something manually and then don’t access it from the game for modification, i.e., don’t change the settings. Previously, the glitch was only present on Nvidia cards; now, it may also occur on all new graphics cards running Windows 7 64-bit.
Here is one solution where the config file is blocked using a third-party program:
116_h5_tweak_3.rar – praise be to its creator! After struggling with textures and changing graphics settings through direct drivers and dozens of websites with countless pages and vague ramblings about support and magic and replacing user files with different settings—nonsense, nonsense, nonsense—it didn’t even stop me from going through this clumsy registration process with checks for squinting and bot activity. There is a fix! May HoMM 5 run without texture glitches on Win7, and I will inform everyone about it (maybe they’ll give me a bonus) (the method of trial and error IS INVINCIBLE). Full name: Heroes of Might & Magic V Tweaker V 3.0 Link: http://www.hmmp.ru/load/16-1-0-116 Now it works stably without glitches, and it takes only 1 minute to configure (I have an 8800GTS and Windows 7; I was almost disappointed, thinking I would uninstall it, but no, Windows 7 got a second wind!). Hooray, comrades, hooray...
And here's a solution that was right here in this forum (use the search function, gentlemen!!!): Z0om
In short, after three sleepless nights, I finally figured out how to overcome this glitch while playing under Windows 7. The key role in this is played by the configuration file input_a2.cfg, which is located in the user folder, specifically C:\Users\your_username\Documents\My Games\Heroes of Might and Magic V — Tribes of the East\Profiles\Your_in-game_username. The essence of the problem is that when launching the game on Windows 7, you cannot change the graphics settings in the game itself; only through Notepad, editing the corresponding configuration file, the path to which I indicated above. You need to open this file with Notepad. Attention! Before editing this file, you must set the graphics settings in the game by clicking the "Standard" button in the appropriate section of the game, and then edit this file. The parameters for setting up the graphics in the file have names like: setvar gfx_16bit_mode = 0 setvar gfx_16bit_textures = 0 setvar gfx_anisotropic_filter = 8 and so on. Attention! The easiest way to set the desired level of graphics (the game usually sets low parameters) is to make a copy of the configuration file, then go into the game and set the desired settings there. Then exit the game, open both files—the one you copied and the one that was just edited by the game—and compare the changed parameter values. Next, we simply enter the values we need for the parameters in the file we copied and save it instead of the file edited by the game after closing it. After all these manipulations, personally, my textures in the main menu remained blurry, BUTall other textures began to be displayed correctly.
)) I've had the tweaker for a long time; when the glitches appeared, I tried using it. I also read about the second option on Playground and, of course, used it, but there was no benefit from these manipulations.
I use the launcher in compatibility mode with XP because I read on an English forum that the mod for faster AI only works on XP.
I read what was written here, and the topic creator seems to have the same problem, but it occurs when entering the Elven Castle. It's interesting to know what's causing this glitch.
After installing Win7 x64, I encountered the same problem. My graphics card is a Radeon 4670, and I have 4GB of RAM. Removing one RAM stick solves the problem, but I'm tired of constantly messing with it.
I tried using the **Tweaker**, but I didn't get any results, just like with the method from user **Z0om** (yes, I'm a noob:D).
In general, maybe someone could share their user_a2 file?
Or describe how to fix the artifacts using this Tweaker.
/post/655960/ This fix should definitely help here. And the graphics settings can provide a temporary solution, but during gameplay, textures may still degrade and become blurry when reloaded.
The problem lies in obtaining the amount of available video memory; more precisely, the variable that receives this volume in the game has an Integer type and receives the memory in bytes. In a 32-bit application, such a variable has limits from -2147483648 to 2147483647. For example, 2 GB = 2147483648 bytes – we already exceed the limit by 1, resulting in integer overflow. Upon overflow, we get a negative value; the game thinks there is less than 0 video memory available, but it continues to work!? It simply reduces the texture quality as much as possible, although this may not happen in all cases. In 32-bit XP, this bug did not occur, and systems had less memory back then. Now, with 4 GB of RAM, the system can allocate 1.5-2 GB for storing textures, plus the memory on the video card itself, and we encounter this bug. You can check this memory volume on your system using dxdiag (a built-in utility), under the Display tab – Total Memory.