Skip to content

Duels Auto-translated

5.0 (1 rating)
Open
Which duel mode do you like best?
28 voters
Single choice
Sign in to participate in this poll.
"Classic"
53.6% 15votes
"Siege"
0% 0votes
"Legion"
3.6% 1vote
I like all three very much!
17.9% 5votes
I really don’t like duels!
10.7% 3votes
Wow! Duels? How do I enable them?
14.3% 4votes
User Avatar
#1
Auto-translated
In Heroes 6, the "3x3" mode has been replaced by the "Legion" mode, and a new "Siege" mode has also been added, which has more complex rules: two siege battles are held, with different players behind the walls in each battle. If no winner is determined after the two battles, a third battle takes place on a regular map (i.e., a "classic" duel). In "Legion," the armies are simply ten times larger than in the "Classic" mode.

Has anyone tried the new mode? And what do you think about duels in "Heroes" in general? I suggest we discuss this in this thread.
Карты для Heroes of Might and Magic V
Цикл "Закадычные враги": "Особенное гостеприимство, "Супероружие", "Меж молотом и наковальней"
"Падение Шантири"

Кампания для "Кодекса Войны"
"Выбор Сагиттеля"
#2
Auto-translated
I didn't like the duel at all. Twice I faced Necropolis players and couldn't handle it. The Dynasty weapon dealing 3.5k% (or even more, I don't remember) damage to drain is either overpowered or I just can't play against it.
User Avatar
#4
Auto-translated
That's how you should play against humans :). Although, from yesterday's experience, I learned that they often desert.

By the way, I found a great tactic for Sanctuary. Thanks to it, I defeated a strong AI player who was playing as Necropolis and a human player who was playing as Haven :cool:. By the way, Jaywoods, the Necropolis hero I fought, also had Counterstrike III ;).
Карты для Heroes of Might and Magic V
Цикл "Закадычные враги": "Особенное гостеприимство, "Супероружие", "Меж молотом и наковальней"
"Падение Шантири"

Кампания для "Кодекса Войны"
"Выбор Сагиттеля"
In reply to Победитель
#5
Auto-translated
Winner
That's how you should play against humans :). Although, from yesterday's experience, I learned that some of them desert.
.

That's what I was saying about humans. The AI doesn't have such powerful artifacts.
Vampirism deals 4000% damage per hit :) And humans have that.
User Avatar
#7
Auto-translated
Well, I don't believe it's 4000%. What weapon is it, if you don't mind me asking? Arachne only gives 15%. Is it a bug?
Карты для Heroes of Might and Magic V
Цикл "Закадычные враги": "Особенное гостеприимство, "Супероружие", "Меж молотом и наковальней"
"Падение Шантири"

Кампания для "Кодекса Войны"
"Выбор Сагиттеля"
User Avatar
#8
Auto-translated
Apparently, it's not the factions' fault, but rather my own weak gameplay :(. I tried developing an Orc, but lost to Sanctuary and Haven players (the first was clearly a good player, with the nickname gooddevil777), and the second one defeated me because of the Valua's Axe, which allowed the enemy troops to attack twice per turn. I simply overlooked the fact that the dynasty's special abilities were enabled. But I did enjoy playing as "Legion" :). To summarize, the outcomes are either defeat or the opponent's victory if I win. I won against Haven and Inferno with Sanctuary, and theoretically, I could defeat Fortress as well. With Stronghold, I only managed to defeat Demons, although with more confidence. You could consider this a warning, but I'm not sure if it's worth my participation in the tournament anymore :(.
Карты для Heroes of Might and Magic V
Цикл "Закадычные враги": "Особенное гостеприимство, "Супероружие", "Меж молотом и наковальней"
"Падение Шантири"

Кампания для "Кодекса Войны"
"Выбор Сагиттеля"
#9
Auto-translated
Isn't the purpose of a tournament to identify bugs and to practice and study tactics with familiar players, in order to improve performance in future battles in the game?:)
User Avatar
#10
Auto-translated
Maybe, but it seemed to me that you should train specifically for the tournament to show your best side :o. I still wouldn't want to be the weakest player there. Well, after tonight, we'll be able to draw some conclusions :).
Карты для Heroes of Might and Magic V
Цикл "Закадычные враги": "Особенное гостеприимство, "Супероружие", "Меж молотом и наковальней"
"Падение Шантири"

Кампания для "Кодекса Войны"
"Выбор Сагиттеля"
#11
Auto-translated
Yes, but not among just 4 people:)
So, for now, I'm just considering this as practice.
User Avatar
#12
Auto-translated
Oh, a duel tournament? I would participate too, representing the Haven faction :p I would like to see truly strong opponents, although I'm a newbie and haven't played much lately; I don't even have a single level 5 weapon :(
In the poll, I chose the classic map, because it is a classic. Legion takes a lot of time, and sieges become so tedious in the campaign that I definitely wouldn't have the energy for them in duels. :)
P.S.: I somehow missed this section :(
Аксиома Коула: Общая сумма разума на планете - величина постоянная, а население растет...
Асха все обращает на пользу... :smile16:
User Avatar
#13
Auto-translated
Klivren, you can submit your application in the tournament thread; it might not be too late yet :). And don't worry about the weapons – dynasty bonuses are disabled according to the tournament rules. I don't have any level 5 units either.
Карты для Heroes of Might and Magic V
Цикл "Закадычные враги": "Особенное гостеприимство, "Супероружие", "Меж молотом и наковальней"
"Падение Шантири"

Кампания для "Кодекса Войны"
"Выбор Сагиттеля"
#14
Auto-translated
Could you please tell me what kind of duel it is?