Connection ErrorBad RequestThis page went staleSession ExpiredSign in requiredForbiddenNot FoundToo Many RequestsServer ErrorBad GatewayService UnavailableGateway TimeoutHTTP Version Not Supported
Session Expired
Your session has expired. Please log in to continue.
Sign in required
You need an account to do that. Sign in or create one — it only takes a minute.
This page went stale
Your security token was rejected, usually because the page sat open too long or you signed in elsewhere. Nothing was saved. Reload the page and try again.
Request Failed
We encountered an issue while processing your request.
Please check your internet connection and try again.
- Oh no, I don't want to.
- In that case, get out of here and ask for help somewhere else.
- It's just a trinket...
- Yes, just like last time.
- How are we supposed to find it?
- What if I told you I knew where it was?
Vistrit placed the coffee cup on the table. Excellent coffee.
- Then go and get it.
Naira laughed.
- YOU will go and get it, and then bring it to ME.
- What's the problem?
Rummaging through the papers on the table, Naira pulled out a package and threw it to Vistrit. He unfolded it, immediately folded it back up, and placed it on the table, next to the cup.
- No.
The Archmage was bound in chains and gagged, thrashing about in a frenzy, his wild gaze fixed on the ceiling.
The mage's apprentice watched him through a small barred window in the door. Just yesterday, the mage had been in his right mind. What could have happened?
- Sir Reinhardt. Captain Hommi approached so quietly.
- Huh? Yes, yes, I'm listening, Captain. The young mage replied.
- I've been instructed to deliver a letter to you from our lord.
Reinhardt took the letter and began to read. After a few seconds, he crumpled it and put it in his pocket.
- Now I am the Archmage of Highflood.
- Congratulations. Hommi bowed.
- Yes, yes...
After a moment of silence, Hommi asked:
- What should we do with... the former Archmage?
- I placed several spells on his cell. They will contain his power. Let's hope he will be alright.
Meanwhile, the old man in the cell stood up. The chains creaked and the metal hissed. The dwarf and the mage quickly rushed to the bars.
- It can't be...
The old man sharply pulled out the gag and raised his hands to the ceiling of the cell, muttering something unintelligible. The remnants of the chains glowed white-hot and dripped onto the floor in a puddle of metal, leaving hideous burns on the mage's hands.
- Run! Reinhardt shouted.
They managed to run back a couple of meters when an explosion occurred, and the steel door of the cell was torn from its hinges and slammed into the wall. The smell of burning filled the corridor.
Reinhardt and Hommi cautiously peered inside. The walls were covered in black soot, and large drops of blood were visible in places. The explosion was powerful; it seemed that the mage had spent all his strength on it. If it weren't for the protective spells of his apprentice, there would be nothing left of the prison.
- Holy parakhasa! Hommi cursed. - I've never seen anything like it!
Hostor watched the ship dock at the pier, dreamily twirling a knife between his fingers. The warehouse was filled with noise and nervous chatter as people prepared for the long journey. He had already gathered everything he needed; all that remained was to wait for everyone else to do the same.
The smell of tobacco smoke hit his nose, and Hostor grimaced but said nothing.
- Once, long ago, I wanted to buy a ship like this. A raspy voice said from behind. It was Cash.
- What stopped you?
- I wanted to earn enough to buy it and became a bandit. I got hooked.
After a short pause, Hostor said:
- So, when are we leaving? I'm tired of waiting.
- Today, after sunset.
- Good.
- You're staying.
He was so surprised that he almost dropped the knife.
- Why?
- Our leader has a special assignment for you.
Tomorrow holds no promises Except the ones we've made
I haven't finished the caviar tartlets I bought on the 31st yet; they're terrible. I bought them to try, and I'm telling you guys, don't buy them, you'll regret it. They're crunchy and crumbly, with only three tiny caviar eggs in each, and they don't look appetizing at all. Plus, they sit on the plate and dry out after half an hour, becoming hard like little pellets. It's better to make yourself a normal caviar sandwich, guys.
Once, we put caviar in tartlets, but they turned out to be so bland that we decided to transfer the caviar to slices of ordinary bread and enjoyed our meal.
And I bet you even lick the plates clean, don't you?
Смысла нет, но вы держитесь там. Удачи, здоровья, хорошего настроения! И пока в кармане пачка милкиуэйев - значит все не так уж плохо на сегодняшний день
I just finished eating a rather large apple, which is quite unusual because, in my opinion, nothing beats a good apple. But this one wasn't quite right for my current mood: it was a bit too soft, too big, a little dry, and too sweet. There's still about 20% left, but it's never too late to show someone that they don't have power over you. I should have chosen a different variety, but I was too lazy to reach for it.