Connection ErrorBad RequestThis page went staleSession ExpiredSign in requiredForbiddenNot FoundToo Many RequestsServer ErrorBad GatewayService UnavailableGateway TimeoutHTTP Version Not Supported
Session Expired
Your session has expired. Please log in to continue.
Sign in required
You need an account to do that. Sign in or create one — it only takes a minute.
This page went stale
Your security token was rejected, usually because the page sat open too long or you signed in elsewhere. Nothing was saved. Reload the page and try again.
Request Failed
We encountered an issue while processing your request.
Please check your internet connection and try again.
Disturbed is an American rock band formed in Chicago, Illinois, consisting of musicians Dan Donegan, Steve Kmak, Mike Wengren, and David Draiman. They work in the "hard rock" genre, although critics classify their work as nu-metal. The band Disturbed's work is dominated by religious themes.
What do you think of the band?:) I personally like them. It's one of my favorite bands :). I won't claim that they are mega-talented musicians :). I don't know much about them.
How do you like the band?:) I personally like them. One of my favorite bands :). I won't claim that they are incredibly talented musicians :). I don't know much about them.
Great band, good hardcore, I like them too...
I'll add that the Great and Terrible Ozzy Osbourne said about them that they have a future in "Heavy Metal," and I agree with him...
I like the lyrics in Inside The Fire.
Devon
Won't go to heaven
She's just another lost soul, about to be mine again
Leave her
We will receive her
It is beyond your control
Will you ever meet again.
Devon
No longer living
Who had been rendered unwhole.
As a little child,
she was taken
and then forsaken
you will remember it all
Let it blow your mind again.
[Chorus]
Devon lies beyond this portal
take the word of one immortal
Give your soul to me
For eternity
release your life
to begin another time with her
End your grief with me
there's another way
release your life
take your place inside the fire with her
Severed
Now and forever
you're just another lost soul about to be mine again
see her,
you'll never free her
you must surrender it all
And give life to me again
Fire
All you desire
As she begins to turn cold one final time
you will shiver
till you deliver
you will remember it all
Let it blow your mind again
[Chorus]
[solo]
Give your soul to me
For eternity
release your life
to begin another time with her
End your grief with me
there's another way
release your life
take your place inside the fire with her
Devon
No longer living
Who had been rendered unwhole
As a little child
she was taken,
and then forsaken
you will remember it all
Let it blow your mind again
And the meaning:
In the song, the "plot" is narrated from the perspective of a demon who is ready to take a girl named Devon, but a young man who clearly loves her is in the way. And so the demon persuades this young man to give his soul to him (the demon), in return for which he will have the opportunity to continue seeing the girl, presumably in hell
Isn't there anything left to discuss? I've noticed that topics about bands rarely get more than 7-8 posts :((Slipknot and Linkin Park are exceptions). How did you discover the band Disturbed? Personally, I was trying to find out what the game WOW was, and I downloaded a video from a local network. The soundtrack was the song The Game. I decided to find out what band it was... :)
After watching the movie "Queen of the Damned," I decided to download the film's soundtrack (mainly because Chester Bennington and Static-X were featured in the credits), and there was a song called "Down With The Sickness," which further strengthened my love for hardcore music. Shortly after that, while playing NFS - Most Wanted, I heard another song, "Decadence," and decided to explore the band's work, and I've been listening to them ever since.
Lately, I've been hooked on songs like:
Mistress; Bound; Voices; Shout 2000; Forgiven; Pain Redefined; Darkness.
I don't know why I didn't like them as much before. In terms of the number of listens, it's on par with the entire Indestructible album :). Still, all their albums are equally good :)