Connection ErrorBad RequestThis page went staleSession ExpiredSign in requiredForbiddenNot FoundToo Many RequestsServer ErrorBad GatewayService UnavailableGateway TimeoutHTTP Version Not Supported
Session Expired
Your session has expired. Please log in to continue.
Sign in required
You need an account to do that. Sign in or create one — it only takes a minute.
This page went stale
Your security token was rejected, usually because the page sat open too long or you signed in elsewhere. Nothing was saved. Reload the page and try again.
Request Failed
We encountered an issue while processing your request.
Please check your internet connection and try again.
Error Details:
Share Link
Error encountered while completing the final mission of the third campaign, "Tribes of the East".Auto-translated
So, here's the problem: when playing the last mission in the Orcs campaign ("Hunt the Hunter"), there's no way to attack the city of Shahibdiyah (they really come up with magical names, don't they), which needs to be captured according to the scenario. The entire map is open, all other cities have been captured, but when trying to attack Shahibdiyah (a powerful mage is stationed in the city), the hero simply stands at the city gates, and the attack doesn't happen. If the hero is left there at the end of the turn, the computer tries to move its second hero (to the gates), they end up on the same tile, and the game crashes. This is frustrating because, overall, I like the game, but I can't progress in the campaign.
The disc is a licensed copy, but it's a translated version. When I install the game on another computer and copy the save files over, the same thing happens. Can you please advise if there's any way to fix this? As far as I understand from the website's materials, there are no patches for "Lords of Might and Magic" yet...
Also, another question: if I buy the English version and load these save files into it, will that help? Will they even work?
I'll check if I have this bug soon. I'm finishing clearing the territory. Gotai is almost at level 33. If there aren't enough neutral creatures, I'll gather a crowd in foreign castles and turn them into experience. Then I'll visit the Elder Silvans and head to Shahibdiyya.
If I haven't made a mistake in my calculations, I've already completed 55 missions in the campaigns of the original game and its expansions. I haven't encountered any bugs yet. Knock on wood, knock on wood, knock on wood.
Added after 22 hours and 37 minutes And in this mission, I didn't have any bugs. I defeated the hero standing at the gate, and then I took Shahibdiyya.
It seems the issue only occurs when playing on "hero" difficulty (and it wasn't just me who experienced it). When replaying the mission on "veteran" difficulty, it's possible to attack the town, and everything works normally. Thanks to Ratnik for the tip.