Connection ErrorBad RequestThis page went staleSession ExpiredSign in requiredForbiddenNot FoundToo Many RequestsServer ErrorBad GatewayService UnavailableGateway TimeoutHTTP Version Not Supported
Session Expired
Your session has expired. Please log in to continue.
Sign in required
You need an account to do that. Sign in or create one — it only takes a minute.
This page went stale
Your security token was rejected, usually because the page sat open too long or you signed in elsewhere. Nothing was saved. Reload the page and try again.
Request Failed
We encountered an issue while processing your request.
Please check your internet connection and try again.
Yeah, the semester is over! Everything went great. How about you? Now, about the topic. Does anyone have any information about the current situation in Latin America? Please share.
Yeah, the semester is over! Everything went great! How about you?
Mine ended exactly a week ago too. Everything went great as well :) Congratulations to both of us on successfully completing the semester and on the upcoming holidays.
But I see you're not resting ;) What exactly do you need? The latest news, diplomacy, economics, politics...?
Well, I doubt the internet can be of much substantial help... For instance, here is the website of our Ministry of Foreign Affairs (www. mid. ru), where you can find (official) info on the development of relations between Russia and Latin America, news again... www.caracas.ru - Venezuela, mostly news www.colombia.ru - the webpage of the Embassy and Consulate of Colombia in Russia (there is a decent essay on economics) www.latin.ru - well... a general overview site about LA www.farc.narod.ru/about/index.html - Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia - People's Army (FARC-PA) farc.narod.ru/war/index.html - a chronicle of military operations by the revolutionary forces of Colombia
Again, these are... I repeat... more for introductory purposes.
There is very serious material in the magazine (published monthly, I believe) "Latin America". All aspects, all twists and peculiarities of this region. Edited by Travkin. I recommend it; everything is top-notch. Available in any Leninka :) Unfortunately, I don't know if there's a website.
P/S I'll keep it in mind; if I come across anything else, I'll post it. Bien?
Lesha, take a look at this link as well: www.sovetika.ru/cuba/index.htm about Cuba, Fidel's speeches and addresses (and the most recent one is dated June 23!). Knowing a bit about your interests, I think you'll find it interesting. If you haven't seen it yet, of course... In general, it's a good website, I recommend it to everyone who is interested in the Soviet past and present. :)
Does anyone have information about the distinctive features of medieval Scotland and Ireland?
I'm afraid that such conclusions would require reading a lot of books... I haven't come across any. Although I know that they had one thing in common - they resisted England.
Thank you for the link.
Regarding Ireland and Scotland.
Both of these countries were distinguished by their religious characteristics. Since they were inhabited by Celts, they were initially Orthodox (of the Arian persuasion). Later, they adopted Catholicism and became staunch opponents of the Protestant English.
They were also distinguished by their tribal structure; there was no unity of the state as such.
And it seems that Protestantism will begin earlier in Scotland than in England. Although in England there will be Anglicanism as a compromise, but the Protestants will still be active, supporters and initiators of a limited monarchy.