Skip to content

Editing, corrections, and filling out the wiki and knowledge base Auto-translated

No ratings yet — be the first to rate!
In reply to HwKeeper
User Avatar
#31
Auto-translated
HwKeeper
Mооnst@r

Some creatures show blurry portraits, for example, https://heroesworld.ru/kb/creature/h5-toe/h5-bear-raider/ https://heroesworld.ru/kb/creature/h5-toe/h5-blood-witch2/ https://heroesworld.ru/kb/creature/h5-toe/h5-centaur1/

In the game, all creatures and heroes have high-quality 128x128 portraits. If this is not a bug in my browser, I can replace them with good ones and it will be like for everyone else.

Mine are blurry too, so the original images were of poor quality during initialization, maybe they were from the manual.

If you have good images on hand, go ahead and upload them.

I replaced 18 blurry and 3 beta portraits (vampire, vampire lord, and war unicorn). I mentioned earlier that alt. grades lack descriptions, and sorceresses lack the Sorceress ability. I added descriptions to all alt. grades and the Sorceress ability to all sorceresses. Some (non-alt. grade) creatures were missing English descriptions; I added descriptions to all. I took all descriptions (English and Russian) from the game texts.

The creature abilities Sorceress, Crystalline Scales, Flying Creature, Living Creature, and Dreadful Proximity lack the blue square under the portrait.

User Avatar
#32
Auto-translated

Added starting war machines to heroes, fixed descriptions of specializations and on heroes (the original ones did not account for alternative grade creatures). For those heroes whose specialization descriptions I took from the manual, I replaced them with in-game descriptions to avoid heroes having the same specialization but different descriptions. For some reason, the edits (regarding specialization fixes) are not applying to Agrael and Alaron. In the Tribes of the East section, I arranged all modified creatures by level.

Added two more specializations and three heroes: Sareth (Knight), Sareth (Demon), and Aratroc. These specializations and heroes are from the Dark Messiah scenario, which comes with the game; it is a fan-made scenario but was officially included in the game. I thought it wouldn't hurt to have them in the database.

In reply to Mооnst@r
User Avatar
#33
Auto-translated
Mооnst@r

Added starting war machines to heroes, fixed descriptions of specializations and on heroes (the originals did not account for alt. grade creatures). For those heroes whose specialization description I took from the manual, I replaced it with the in-game one, so that there would be no heroes with the same specialization but differing descriptions. For some reason, the edits (with the specialization fix) are not being applied to Agrael and Alaron. In the Tribes of the East section, I arranged all the changed creatures by level.

Added two more specializations and three heroes: Sareth (Knight), Sareth (Demon), and Aratrock. These specializations and heroes are from the Dark Messiah scenario, which comes with the game; it is fan-made, but it was officially included in the game. Thought it wouldn't hurt to have it in the database.

The edits were not lost — they were saved, but on the Russian page, 15 campaign heroes (including Agrael and Alaron) were showing old text: they had two text variants per language in the database, and the page was pulling the wrong one. I fixed that issue.

User Avatar
#34
Auto-translated

In the knowledge base for Heroes 5, I replaced the portraits for resources.

Attachments 1
1 file attached • Total size: 45.6 KB
User Avatar
#35
Auto-translated

In the Heroes 5 database, I replaced the portraits (which were from other artifacts) of the Boots of Levitation and the Bag of Endless Gold. The slot for the Golden Horseshoe, Four-Leaf Clover, Sea Elves' Sextant, and Shackles of Inevitability has been changed and moved to the appropriate section.

User Avatar
#36
Auto-translated

I looked at the hero skills in the wiki: class abilities, skills, special abilities, and unique abilities. For everyone except the Barbarian, everything is interconnected between the original and Hammers of Fate. In the original and Hammers of Fate, the paths to unique abilities are one set, but in Tribes of the East, for these seven factions, they are completely different. There are also various branches coming off the regular skills. The screenshots show the differences in the connections between the original with Hammers of Fate and Tribes of the East.

There should also be a bunch more cards for the seven factions with the connections from the Tribes of the East expansion. Maybe I just don't see the whole picture as it's intended here. Ideally, of course, all these cards should be made into a skill wheel in the Heroes 5 section.

Attachments 2
2 files attached • Total size: 110.4 KB
In reply to Mооnst@r
User Avatar
#37
Auto-translated
Mооnst@r

I looked at the hero skills on the wiki: class abilities, abilities, special abilities, and unique abilities. For everyone except the Barbarian, everything is interconnected from the original and Hammers of Fate. In the original and Hammers of Fate, the paths to unique abilities are one thing, but in the expansion for these seven factions, they are completely different. There are also various branches from regular abilities. The screenshots show the differences in the connections between the original with Hammers of Fate and the expansion.

There should also be a bunch of cards for the seven factions with the connections from the expansion. Maybe I just don't see the whole picture as it was intended here. Ideally, of course, all these cards should be used to make a skill wheel in the Heroes 5 section.

Yes, the connections were mixed up from different expansions.

I think I updated it so that each expansion only has its own connections, but it needs to be checked.

I additionally added the display of connections to the comparison page, so the differences should now be clearly visible.

https://heroesworld.ru/kb/compare/?kind=SecondarySkill&o=heroes-5%3Ah5-skill-absolute-charge&o=h5-hof%3Ah5-skill-absolute-charge&o=h5-toe%3Ah5-skill-absolute-charge

In reply to HwKeeper
User Avatar
#38
Auto-translated
HwKeeper
Mооnst@r

I looked at the hero skills on the wiki: class skills, abilities, special skills, and unique skills. For everyone except the Barbarian, everything is interconnected from the original and Hammers of Fate. In the original and Hammers of Fate, the paths to unique skills are one thing, but in Tribes of the East for these seven factions, they are completely different. There are also various branches coming from regular abilities. The screenshots show the differences in connections between the original with Hammers of Fate and Tribes of the East.

There should also be a bunch of cards for the seven factions with connections from the Tribes of the East add-on. Maybe I just don't see the whole picture as it's intended here. Ideally, of course, all these cards should be used to make a skill wheel in the Heroes 5 section.

Yes, the connections were mixed from different add-ons.

I think I updated it so that each add-on only has its own connections, but it needs to be checked.

I additionally added the display of connections to the comparison page, now the differences should be clearly visible.

https://heroesworld.ru/kb/compare/?kind=SecondarySkill&o=heroes-5%3Ah5-skill-absolute-charge&o=h5-hof%3Ah5-skill-absolute-charge&o=h5-toe%3Ah5-skill-absolute-charge

I looked at the ultimate skills in the comparisons (original, Hammers of Fate, and Tribes of the East), everything displays correctly.

I came across the Tribes of the East creatures: upgraded creatures (substitute faction). For each faction there are a few of them, but they are all listed separately at the very bottom. Maybe they could be added to the main ones so they can be accessed directly from there, rather than having to dig for them? Something like the thing in the screenshot, for switching to upgraded creatures from the main creature page of each faction and for artifacts (there are also upgraded ones there).

I also added descriptions and changed the abilities for some missing Renegades from Hammers of Fate that were changed in Tribes of the East.

Attachments 1
1 file attached • Total size: 3.9 KB
In reply to Mооnst@r
User Avatar
#39
Auto-translated
Mооnst@r
HwKeeper
Mооnst@r

I looked at the hero skills on the wiki: class abilities, abilities, special abilities, and unique abilities. For everyone except the Barbarian, everything is interconnected from the original and Hammers of Fate. In the original and Hammers of Fate, the paths to unique abilities are one set, while in Tribes of the East, for these seven factions, they are completely different. There are also various branches from the regular abilities. The screenshots show the differences in connections between the original with Hammers of Fate and Tribes of the East.

There should also be a bunch of cards for the seven factions with the connections from the Tribes of the East add-on. Maybe I just don't see the whole picture as it's intended here. Ideally, of course, all these cards should be used to create a skill wheel in the Heroes 5 section.

Yes, the connections were mixed up from different add-ons.

I think I updated it so that each add-on only has its own connections, but it needs checking.

I additionally added the display of connections to the comparison page; now the differences should be clearly visible.

https://heroesworld.ru/kb/compare/?kind=SecondarySkill&o=heroes-5%3Ah5-skill-absolute-charge&o=h5-hof%3Ah5-skill-absolute-charge&o=h5-toe%3Ah5-skill-absolute-charge

I looked at the ultimate abilities in the comparisons (original, Hammers of Fate, and Tribes of the East); everything displays correctly.

I came across the Tribes of the East creatures: upgraded creatures (insert faction). There are a few for each faction, but they are all listed separately at the very bottom. Maybe they could be added to the main ones so they can be accessed directly from there, instead of having to dig for them? Something like the thing in the screenshot, for switching to upgraded creatures from the main creature page of each faction and for artifacts (there are also upgraded ones there).

I also added descriptions and changed the abilities for some missing Renegades from Hammers of Fate that were changed in Tribes of the East.

The image is missing for some reason.

The page can probably be left as is; it simply collects all the changes. But it definitely makes sense to make the transition to the same creature or other game object from other add-ons faster, directly on the card on the wiki page and in the knowledge base.

In reply to HwKeeper
User Avatar
#40
Auto-translated
HwKeeper

The image is missing for some reason.

The page can probably be left as is, it just collects all the changes. But it definitely makes sense to create a quicker way to navigate to the same creature or another game object from other expansions, directly on the wiki page card and in the knowledge base.

Yes, I was editing there, wanted to make it more visual, then changed my mind because there's already an answer. In short, yes, to quickly browse from those topics where their original versions are.

User Avatar
#41
Auto-translated

Added the display of the version of Heroes a card belongs to, as well as the ability to quickly view a card from another version.

image.webp

On the knowledge base pages, I also added a list of versions for switching and the ability to add all versions to comparison with a single button.

image.webp

https://heroesworld.ru/kb/compare/?kind=Creature&o=heroes-5%3Ah5-archangel&o=h5-hof%3Ah5-archangel&o=h5-toe%3Ah5-archangel&o=h55%3Ah5-archangel

Attachments 2
2 files attached • Total size: 68.1 KB
User Avatar
#42
Auto-translated

I added the terrain types and effects (in the description) for Heroes 5 to the landscape database. These cards show the starting army, and there are elementals there. Each terrain has its own set of elementals that are summoned during battle. Should I add elementals instead of the starting army and move them there? Also, a reference section (like in the wiki for Heroes 3) so that pages can be created there, and add siege machines, terrains, resources, etc.

The resource portraits I replaced are tied to the 5.5 mod, and in it, as far as I remember, gems are multi-colored (portrait and texture). If the portrait changes, it will change for all versions of Heroes 5.

User Avatar
#43
Auto-translated

Added all creature dwellings from Heroes 5 to the map objects database. Only the refugee camp lacks a portrait. The factions in the refugee camp correspond to the creatures that inhabit it. Probably, these factions should be removed from there, but I don't know how — there's no cross to leave the line empty. It would be nice to add that. Okay, I figured it out. I just switched to another option, the lines became empty, then I selected the related one and saved.

In reply to Mооnst@r
User Avatar
#44
Auto-translated
Mооnst@r

I added the terrain types and effects (in the description) to the database for Heroes 5 landscape. These cards show the starting army, and there are elementals there. Each terrain type has its own set of elementals that are summoned during battle. Should I add elementals instead of the starting army and move them there? And a section like a reference guide (as in the wiki for Heroes 3) to create pages there and add siege machines, terrains, resources, etc.

The resource portraits that I replaced are tied to the 5.5 mod, and in it, as far as I remember, gems are multi-colored (portrait and texture); if the portrait changes, it will change for all versions of Heroes 5.

I added the "Summoned Elementals" link and moved there what was in "Starting Armies"

image.webp

A new "Reference" section can be specified when creating a page

image.webp

Regarding resources, I will slightly rework the editing form to make it clear which version the image and properties belong to, so it's obvious what will change, since it's currently unclear (but the system is designed so that each version can have its own image and properties, and they inherit h5 -> h5-hof -> h5-toe -> h55). I'll write back later when I finish.


Done, now an additional explanation is displayed regarding where the change will appear and the visibility of properties and images of the edited card.

image.webp

Attachments 3
3 files attached • Total size: 50.6 KB
In reply to Mооnst@r
User Avatar
#45
Auto-translated
Mооnst@r

Ideally, of course, all these cards and making a skill wheel out of them in the heroes 5 section.

I've implemented skill display on class pages and an additional wheel mode where you can plan a hero's progression.

image.webp

I haven't found the skill chance tables in the original Heroes, I don't know if they exist there, but for the expansions and 5.5 they do exist, so for those the chances are displayed.

image.webp

image.webp

Attachments 3
3 files attached • Total size: 87.6 KB