Connection ErrorBad RequestThis page went staleSession ExpiredSign in requiredForbiddenNot FoundToo Many RequestsServer ErrorBad GatewayService UnavailableGateway TimeoutHTTP Version Not Supported
Session Expired
Your session has expired. Please log in to continue.
Sign in required
You need an account to do that. Sign in or create one — it only takes a minute.
This page went stale
Your security token was rejected, usually because the page sat open too long or you signed in elsewhere. Nothing was saved. Reload the page and try again.
Request Failed
We encountered an issue while processing your request.
Please check your internet connection and try again.
Error Details:
Share Link
How do I update the map editor? Or is the problem not related to it?Auto-translated
Good afternoon!
First, a little preface. I'm playing Heroes III: HotA with a friend. We're playing large maps where we act as allies. As expected, we quickly ran out of them. So, we went online.
1. First, we encountered an "unbearable" problem that only Reddit could solve: to make maps appear in "online" mode, you need to "allow" players to play as different colors in the editor. As a rule, such maps are not designed for multiple players, but, as it turns out, this "rule" can be bypassed. I'm writing about this here in case "it helps someone."
2. Second, I encountered another problem that I cannot solve myself. It's gotten to the point where, in 2020, I'm trying to get a solution through a forum.
I found many sites where you can download maps for different games. Great.
But the vast majority of these sites allow you to download "strange" versions – they are not compatible with my client.
Here's what I see when I launch the map editor: https://prnt.sc/w4jkt2 (the map being launched: "Chronicles of the Ninth VARN (Allied)", I've attached the map to the post).
At the same time, the game client "crashes" if I try to "add" this map to the others. The client doesn't even let it get into the list of scenarios.
The problem is that I'm using what seems to be the "latest" version of HotA. I mean, I update it, and everything.
Google didn't give me any hints. I have the feeling that I'm the only person on the planet who has encountered this problem.
Could you try to help me solve it?