Connection ErrorBad RequestThis page went staleSession ExpiredSign in requiredForbiddenNot FoundToo Many RequestsServer ErrorBad GatewayService UnavailableGateway TimeoutHTTP Version Not Supported
Session Expired
Your session has expired. Please log in to continue.
Sign in required
You need an account to do that. Sign in or create one — it only takes a minute.
This page went stale
Your security token was rejected, usually because the page sat open too long or you signed in elsewhere. Nothing was saved. Reload the page and try again.
Request Failed
We encountered an issue while processing your request.
Please check your internet connection and try again.
Years go by, but the desire to create another map for the Heroes game can arise unexpectedly, and the hope that someone on the forum might still be able to help is slim. But I'll ask anyway.
Given: I'm making a map where the lore is an important element, so I'm assigning a unique name, biography, and additional skills to each of the available heroes in the settings.
Problem: The hero Lord Haart, the one with the estates, is completely unavailable in the editor, but he can be recruited in the tavern in the game itself. Consequently, his lack of lore-specific characteristics is quite annoying, but there's nothing I can do about it – I can't ban him, imprison him, or modify him. The editor simply doesn't recognize him. I read somewhere that the problem might be that he's a hero from an earlier version of Heroes, where there were no portals, Conflux, or other features. He was disabled for later versions like Death and Decay. But I have the standard gold edition with the "complete package," and it seems that in this version, they've included everything possible for the game, but the editor remains limited to the old version.
I don't want to create a map for "The Restoration of Erathia" just to be able to block him, because that would block many other things as well.
Is there a more elegant solution to this problem?
There isn't an elegant one, but there's a brute-force approach: D You can hide it in a dungeon that's inaccessible to players, somewhere in the rocks. Mapmakers usually do that.
Haart is not to blame for anything, have mercy on the poor guy, don't send him to jail prematurely:D Seriously, it seems like he can be banned using the Unleashed map editor.