Connection ErrorBad RequestThis page went staleSession ExpiredSign in requiredForbiddenNot FoundToo Many RequestsServer ErrorBad GatewayService UnavailableGateway TimeoutHTTP Version Not Supported
Session Expired
Your session has expired. Please log in to continue.
Sign in required
You need an account to do that. Sign in or create one — it only takes a minute.
This page went stale
Your security token was rejected, usually because the page sat open too long or you signed in elsewhere. Nothing was saved. Reload the page and try again.
Request Failed
We encountered an issue while processing your request.
Please check your internet connection and try again.
-Yes, it seems our pursuers won't give up so easily. And who knows whose head they'll target next, although it's already clear that everyone should be on their guard after what happened. In any case, the eye we took from Hodges will be very helpful to us. We should also keep an eye on the released bandit; who knows if he has any accomplices left. Oh, by the way, Dalia," Sarnissa added after a moment of thought. "I saw you had an interesting book on magical techniques developed in Yokeithan. To be honest, I've never encountered this kind of magic before, and I would be very grateful if you could lend it to me for a while. I think I could learn something useful from it."
Then, Sarnissa turned to the samurai, who had recently joined the group but had already gained his first combat experience:
-Respected Iwamoto, I would like to thank you for your help in the battle. Without you, we would have had a hard time with this," she nodded towards Desay's body. "I know you wanted to learn, uh, the art of diplomacy, or rather, how to effectively negotiate with people. As you can see, we now have an opening for a treasurer, and I would like to offer you this position. I think it's a very beneficial offer, don't you?"
Next, she approached Lawrence.
-Your mistress is now dead, and you are no longer bound by her spells, so you can choose your own path in life. And although I wouldn't want to further reduce our already depleted group, I will still ask about your future plans. We can escort you to the nearest town, if you wish. And, as you understand, Ilayassa can lift the curse from you and bring you back to life, if that is what you desire. The decision is yours."
Finally, she approached Asanmir.
-It was a difficult battle, wasn't it? I think you understand perfectly well that with your wounds and after so many years spent in this prison, it will be difficult for you to survive on your own, as well as to help us... to the best of your ability. I offer you the opportunity to regain your former strength. Of course, this is risky, but if anything happens, Ilayassa will help us, as she promised. What do you think of this offer?
considering your injuries and after so many years spent in this prison
- And also because you're already an old man," Sarnissa wanted to add, but she remained silent out of politeness.
— This body doesn't have much time left anyway, heh," Asanmir replied with his usual smile. — I don't have much to lose, but I would like to know the details of this offer before I give my consent.
-I can let you taste my blood. If you survive, you will become significantly younger and much stronger. If not, Ilayassa will return you to life. Well, a day has passed, I hope.
-Your mistress is now dead, and you are no longer bound by her spells, so you can choose your own path in life. And although I wouldn't want to further diminish our already depleted ranks, I will still ask about your future plans. We can escort you to the nearest town, if you wish. And, as you understand, Ilaya can lift the curse and bring you back to life, if you desire. The decision is yours.
- Is this possible? - Lawrence asked excitedly, not believing in the truth of such a turn of events. - Of course, I would like to become... more alive again. But as for my future path, I have a home waiting for me. I will go with you to Arinas, although I wouldn't really like to, considering past circumstances, but I hope this time it will be different. And then I'll see how I can get to Veldaaran as quickly as possible.
/ We are literally saving his life, giving him the opportunity to become a human being, to return to his family, and he is planning something like this... /