Connection ErrorBad RequestThis page went staleSession ExpiredSign in requiredForbiddenNot FoundToo Many RequestsServer ErrorBad GatewayService UnavailableGateway TimeoutHTTP Version Not Supported
Session Expired
Your session has expired. Please log in to continue.
Sign in required
You need an account to do that. Sign in or create one — it only takes a minute.
This page went stale
Your security token was rejected, usually because the page sat open too long or you signed in elsewhere. Nothing was saved. Reload the page and try again.
Request Failed
We encountered an issue while processing your request.
Please check your internet connection and try again.
To avoid cluttering other threads, I'll post the resource editor for Heroes III here right away (it also works for 4 and 2, but it's primarily designed for the third game!):cool:
Use it and enjoy!:D
Feel free to ask me any questions.;)
Сила Тьмы - в бессилии света. Нет невежества - есть Знание
To avoid cluttering other threads, I'll post the resource editor for Heroes III here (it also works for 4 and 2, but it's primarily designed for the third game!):cool:
Use it and enjoy!:D
Feel free to ask me any questions.;)
I had something similar, but it saved the script along with the map.))) Too bad I formatted my computer:(
Как-то у Вольтера спросили: где бы он хотел быть после смерти - в раю или в аду? Он ответил: "В раю климат лучше, но в аду компания настолько приятнее!".
If you don't understand how it works, then it's a failure. But if you sit down and figure it out, you'll have a great program. Of course, to create animations of creatures or something else, you need to have at least some skills. P.S. When I first launched Flash, I also thought it was terrible...
Thank you very much for the editor. I downloaded it a long time ago, but the monster changes only work in the map editor and are not reflected in the game. How is this possible? And the files cannot be re-inserted. Could this be because I bought a second Pent account specifically for Heroes 3, but it doesn't work on the second resource? Please answer!
Одна древняя легенда гласит, Что темный дракон весь мир покорит, Темный дракон - безликая тень, Теперь навсегда ночь сменит день. Он свергнет всех местных Богов, Ни сила, ни воля не сдержат его. Рыцарь, король - все одно для него, С ним в битве исчезнет и зло, и добро.
Azen, there's a "Make Change" button on the panel; it's what applies the changes to the archive. However, there's always a chance of corrupting the archive, so don't forget to make a backup.
It doesn't work. ResEdit: I extracted the files from h3ab_bmp.lod, replaced the images I needed, and then I need to repack everything back into the *.lod file. I'm following the instructions from SandroXXL: edit -> file manager. I select the folder where my files are located, then I create a new *.lod project, and then I need to drag the files into the left window. So, the first problem is: I have to drag the files one by one!!! There are 2500 files in the folder, it's insane. And secondly, the files simply won't drag. I select a file, drag it into the window, the system makes a sound as if the action has been performed, but the file doesn't appear in the window, and the "make change" button becomes active. When I click it, it says that nothing has been added and it won't do anything. I also tried another way, replacing the files in the *.lod file. I opened the lod file, opened the file manager, and in it, I opened the folder where the images are located. However, for some reason, the editor doesn't see the PCX files, but only BMP files. I tried to add a BMP file, and the program asked if I wanted to overwrite it. I clicked "Yes," but when I clicked the "make changes" button, it complained about an "Invalid Filename." The file names are the same as the original ones. That's the problem. Graphed.exe: I open a BMP file, then save it in PCX format. I open the next file, but I can't save it anymore. That is, I choose "Save As File," and the window where to save it doesn't appear. I turn the program on and off again, the first file is saved normally, but the next one is not
I've learned how to extract resources from Heroes. But I can't figure out how to load a DEF file into my program. I understand that it's an archive of images, but I don't want to extract the images and then manually create videos. I want to use the original (unmodified) DEF files in my program.
So, I decided to do some hacking and modify Heroes 3: The Shadow of Death, so that Cyclops Stockpiles are always guarded by 70 Cyclops (instead of the old values - 30 percent probability - 20, and so on, with a maximum of 10 percent probability - 50 Cyclops). (Cyclops Stockpiles are those that give 4, 6, 8, or 10 of each resource.) I opened the resource editor ResEdit.exe version 40.0, which I found online here - wogforever.narod.ru/Files/Dounloads/Programs/A_K_Zyzop_resexplorer.40.0.zip I selected "open resource file," H3ab_bmp.lod from the Data folder in the Heroes directory. Then, on the panel, I selected "display only TXT" for convenience, found the file CRBANKS.TXT, right-clicked, and selected "ExtractTo," choosing my directory for convenience. When the extracted file CRBANKS.TXT appeared from the resource file, I didn't want to edit it and save it in Notepad in case I messed something up, so I launched the program TextEdit3.0-Rus.exe, the installer of which I found online here - wogforever.narod.ru/Files/Dounloads/My_works/TextEdit3.0-Rus.zip I opened this file and, for Cyclops Stockpile, set all 4 levels (number of Cyclops) to 70, 70, 70, 70 - instead of the old values of 20, 30, 40, 50. I saved the file, then opened it again to make sure it was saved. At this time, ResEdit.exe was open. I went into the File Manager and, in my directory, saw the extracted file CRBANKS.TXT. I dragged it with the mouse to the left into the main window, replacing the old one. Then, it became possible to click the "Make Change" button, and I clicked it, saving the changes to the resource file. Then, I closed ResEdit.exe, deleted the extracted CRBANKS.TXT, restarted ResEdit.exe, extracted CRBANKS.TXT from H3ab_bmp.lod again, and made sure that this lod file was successfully saved by the program. Next, this may not be necessary, but I did everything described above in the same way with the file H3BITMAP.LOD in the same Data folder, and with the file in it, ZCRBANK.TXT. Then, I opened Heroes 3: The Shadow of Death, created a map, and placed Cyclops Stockpiles. When I entered, I saw that they were still guarded by the old 20 Cyclops (one of the old values), not the 70 I set.
I described all of this in such detail so that there would be no misunderstandings and incorrect assumptions about what I might have done wrong. If the battle in the Cyclops Stockpiles is not determined in the file CRBANKS.TXT, then where is it? It's clearly not in the executable file :) it's only 2.7 megabytes. Everything must be in the resources. And what's the point of all this detailed information - probabilities, the number of guards, matching reality, etc., in short, a whole set of numbers? If changing it doesn't affect anything. Other files in these resources are various images, sounds, etc. Numerical parameters must be in txt files, and I didn't find anything else that looked like a description of Cyclops Stockpiles.