Connection ErrorBad RequestThis page went staleSession ExpiredSign in requiredForbiddenNot FoundToo Many RequestsServer ErrorBad GatewayService UnavailableGateway TimeoutHTTP Version Not Supported
Session Expired
Your session has expired. Please log in to continue.
Sign in required
You need an account to do that. Sign in or create one — it only takes a minute.
This page went stale
Your security token was rejected, usually because the page sat open too long or you signed in elsewhere. Nothing was saved. Reload the page and try again.
Request Failed
We encountered an issue while processing your request.
Please check your internet connection and try again.
Error Details:
Share Link
Installing the license from the disc.Auto-translated
Hello everyone. I'm having trouble installing the game from a disc. I bought a licensed disc in a store. I installed Uplay for activation and activated the key... but during installation, the program starts downloading the game from the internet... and I live in a place where internet is very expensive, and downloading 17 GB is a very costly endeavor... I need help with installing the game.
Yeah, the idea of releasing a disc version and then having players download the entire new distribution seems pointless. It would have made more sense to just sell digital keys. It seems like the disc contains a very raw version, and a day-one patch is required, but instead of a delta update, they're releasing a completely new distribution... it feels rushed, and it's unlikely that all the resources needed updating, like textures and music. Another option is to bring/take your computer to a place with decent internet access. But it's better to wait; they promised a significant update this week, so you can download it then. And if you switch Uplay settings to offline mode? After activation, the game might work offline; at least Heroes 6 could be played in that mode if there's absolutely no other way to download it.
This is a recurring issue with Steam. You need to somehow stop the download and specify a path on your disk for Steam to install from... I had a similar issue with King's Bounty: Warriors of the North. I don't remember the details myself, but I found an official guide: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5357-FSQM-0382&l=russian Good luck!
What about the option for offline mode in Uplay? When you enter Uplay, there's an asterisk in the upper right corner – it leads to the settings. There, you can select the option to launch Uplay in offline mode. I can't say for sure if this works for launching Heroes 7, as I haven't tested it. But Heroes 6 could be launched, albeit without the Conflux and Dynasty features. Also, Heroes 6 could be launched completely without Uplay by creating a shortcut to the game's .exe file and adding the key in the properties path /offline. Something like this: in the shortcut properties, in the "Target" field, enter "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Might & Magic Heroes VI\Might & Magic Heroes VI.exe" /offline.