Connection ErrorBad RequestThis page went staleSession ExpiredSign in requiredForbiddenNot FoundToo Many RequestsServer ErrorBad GatewayService UnavailableGateway TimeoutHTTP Version Not Supported
Session Expired
Your session has expired. Please log in to continue.
Sign in required
You need an account to do that. Sign in or create one — it only takes a minute.
This page went stale
Your security token was rejected, usually because the page sat open too long or you signed in elsewhere. Nothing was saved. Reload the page and try again.
Request Failed
We encountered an issue while processing your request.
Please check your internet connection and try again.
Hello to all fans of Heroes 5. I have a suggestion – to modify the skill wheel. There are already various mods related to this (I've seen two myself, one of them is for the Trial of Elements expansion), but they often introduce not only these changes but also a number of others – which may not be suitable for everyone. Furthermore, I propose we discuss how to best implement this – what changes to make. For example, in the Trial of Elements, a super skill can be obtained even before reaching level 20 – I support this (there is no need to fully upgrade the required skill). So, I suggest we discuss creating a mod that focuses solely on the Skillwheel. As an example, here is an elven skill wheel – in addition to the path to "Ancient Luck," the paths to "Logistics" have been changed, and the position of "Fire Fury" has been altered (from "Chaos" to "Attack").
But there's an issue with fire damage and cold damage – now you can level up both at the same time, which means damage is dealt simultaneously with both fire and cold (this doesn't seem logical to me) – maybe it could be done differently (so that one excludes the other).
For example, in the Town Enhancement, you can obtain a super ability even before reaching level 20 – I support this (there is no need to fully level up the required skill). That is, I suggest discussing the creation of a mod concerning only the Skillwheel.
In WGE, it is implemented that a super ability is only obtained when leveling up a race to level 4 (as a level 4 racial perk), which requires a Pendant, but at the same time, it has no special requirements for leveling up, except for the racial branch. That is, in essence, a super ability can be used in a wide variety of builds. I can suggest such an option.
The wheel proposed above has a significant drawback: the rigid leveling up of a number of perks still remains, while obtaining a super ability is too easy and guaranteed early (level 14+), thus leading to the fact that it will be used in every game and with all its requirements.
Разработчик Heroes 5.5 WarGame Edition. Сайт проекта - пока неактивен Автор Асимметричных шахмат
It shouldn't be too difficult, and some limitations are necessary, but it shouldn't be overly restrictive either. Feel free to suggest your own approach, but I disagree with the requirement for a pendant.
It shouldn't be too easy, but some limitations are necessary. However, it shouldn't be too rigid either. Suggest your own option, but I disagree with the requirement of a pendant.
Besides the pendant, I don't see any other acceptable options because the pendant is ideal: it provides both complexity (finding it) and flexibility (it doesn't impose a rigid progression path), and we don't get a skill point (SU) in every game, and it's generally logical: SU is the 4th perk, so it should require the 4th level of skill. Furthermore, in the original game, the pendant is a relic, but it only gives +1 to the skill (SU can be taken without it), which is completely inadequate for a relic.
Разработчик Heroes 5.5 WarGame Edition. Сайт проекта - пока неактивен Автор Асимметричных шахмат
The logic with the 4th skill and ability, as well as the unsuitability with the relic – I agree, but I still support the possibility of upgrading the skill without depending on the presence of artifacts. Super Unit (SU) often appears when it is no longer needed – too late (although there may be a balance in this – not having such a powerful unit in the middle or at the beginning of the game) – the main task is to make the path to SU more flexible and preferably without the amulet – it can be lowered in value if desired. And also: Urgash is a dragon of Chaos, and the only race that worships him does not develop the Chaos magic school to obtain the SU (Urgash's Call) – this is illogical. The logic is that the demon has low witchcraft – which can be corrected :smile51:
Is there a mod on this topic? I don't want to download version 3.1 because not everything suits me.
If there is such a mod, please provide a link.
Thank you in advance.
Added 2 minutes later
Although, I also don't like the "fiery wrath" mechanic.
In WGE, it's implemented so that the Special Unit (SU) is only available when the racial skill is leveled up to 4 (as a level 4 racial perk), which requires a Pendant, but it doesn't have any other specific requirements for leveling up, except for the racial skill tree. So, essentially, the SU can be used in various builds. I can suggest this approach.
I've been dreaming about this for a long time.
Is there anywhere I can download such a mod (specifically for the skill wheel)? Or can someone tell me how I can create it myself? :o
Question: Is it possible to increase the number of available perks beyond 6 (1 racial perk + 5), or, for example, to add some skills to the skill wheel/upgrade existing ones again? (For example, take "Combat Zeal" twice, etc.)
Question - is it possible to make the number of available perks more than 6 (1 racial + 5), or, for example, to add some skills to the wheel/upgrade existing ones again. (For example, take Combat Buzz twice, etc.)
And why would anyone need that?
... И древний лес, роскошен и печален, Блистает там воздушностью прогалин. Но между кедров, полных тишиной, Расщелина по склону ниспадала. О, никогда под бледною луной Так пышен не был тот уют лесной...