Connection ErrorBad RequestThis page went staleSession ExpiredSign in requiredForbiddenNot FoundToo Many RequestsServer ErrorBad GatewayService UnavailableGateway TimeoutHTTP Version Not Supported
Session Expired
Your session has expired. Please log in to continue.
Sign in required
You need an account to do that. Sign in or create one — it only takes a minute.
This page went stale
Your security token was rejected, usually because the page sat open too long or you signed in elsewhere. Nothing was saved. Reload the page and try again.
Request Failed
We encountered an issue while processing your request.
Please check your internet connection and try again.
Van (Red, Fortress, Tazar, Tazar) def DENCHELSEA (Blue, Dungeon, Shafts, Shafts) 2SM4d(3), 1.3.1
The remaining primary towns are Dungeon, Swamp, and Orcs. The opponent took Dungeon, and I chose Swamp. I played with this town online for the first time; I had been ignoring it until now. We both received a decent amount of starting gold, and our hidden resources were Gnolls-2, Snakes, and Gargoyles. On day 111, I captured a resource with Snakes and Gnolls. I decided to build towards upgrading Snakes, then Wyverns. The most significant thing that happened in the first week was that I captured all the resource nodes, took two secondary towns – Dungeon and Orcs, scouted more than half the map with Dryads, and generally figured out how to approach my opponent while avoiding their Guardian. As a result, by the end of the first week, Tazar was level 7, with experience, defense, experience, logistics, earth, and wisdom skills. I also got the "Eagle Eye" skill, which gave me a Seer. In the meantime, my opponent captured their home secondary town, which was a bit discouraging. In the second week, I cleared the secondary town's respawn point with Gurnis and Ayns. I recruited 12 Wyverns, a +6 sword, a +5 shield, and some other minor items. I attacked the capital, then moved on to my opponent. By the end of the week, Tazar was level 11, with stats 10, 13, 4, 7. That's how it went. In the capital, I had a 1-7 creature, and in the castle, I had a 1-7 creature. I ran to my opponent's respawn point, after first selling off some items, as I didn't have enough money for everything. Fortunately, I had 8 heroes and a Chain of Command skill. On my opponent's territory, I took 4 Wyverns and one Angel. Why did I leave the Angel? In the end, I had around 125 units. I attacked the capital. Tazar had stats 10, 16, 5, 7, with experience, logistics, tactics, defense, earth, and wisdom skills. In terms of creatures, I had 25 Wyverns, 1 Angel, 54 Lizards, 15 Cows, 14 Vasas, 3 Hydras, and 24 Archers. Before attacking, I killed some of the enemy's units that were in the way. In the city, there was a Miner with 4554 hit points. I think I didn't have enough creatures and I didn't use any magic, as I never used the spellbook. I took this town, leaving all the Archers and half the Lizards on the battlefield. Then, I took a +1 to all skills and a "Tithe" spell, and I consumed 4 Angels. My opponent gave me a nice boost! In the meantime, my opponent's units were monitoring the respawn point and the secondary town. And, miraculously, one of my units reached the second town and entered it. There was no guard? My opponent had no more towns or heroes left. The ending sequence played, and it was a happy ending.
Conclusion: Swamp is powerful, and Tazar is a beast.
Thank you for the game.
I would also like to play a season with a Champion
Opponent (Hedhunter) doesn't respond or doesn't recognize me on ICQ, so I'm writing here. I can play on the weekend (Friday, Saturday) starting at 6 PM Moscow time.
I don't understand where people are looking when they write NICKNAMES... I think we should treat each other with more respect and avoid creating problems with reports later on.
This is called a typo. It's not always convenient to copy an opponent's nickname. For example, in Opera, you often have to create an extra tab. In my opinion, it's worth being more tolerant, especially since Gomunguls didn't misspell your nickname. And Kash seems to be keeping everything under excellent control here.
Отдай свои прошлые сны, В сомненьях себя обрети, В бешеном танце душа кружится! Не думай, что будет потом, Здесь и сейчас мы живем, Стань хоть на миг сам собой, слышишь!
I was on a business trip and was afraid of being late for the final, but I made it =) Van - well done! You deserve a five! Good game and a great report. Regarding "playing against the winner" - you guys can figure that out yourselves. Before the tournament, I was thinking about presenting the winners with a game against a top player, and I hope to make that happen. By the way, don't I owe you a rematch? Let's play? ;)
Regarding the nicknames Gumonguls :) he's right. I get annoyed when people mangle the Russian language, but that's not the worst. But writing a nickname incorrectly - in my opinion, it's disrespectful to the opponent. Please be more careful.
Zubr, thanks for the compliment, we're trying... =)
So - we're waiting for the final, and I can start writing a long post with conclusions, congratulations, and awards...
Started without restarts, roads are slow. Week 1. On day 111, two native heroes in the tavern, Solmyr came on the 4th. Near the castle, a free gremlin dwelling, to the north of the castle I see a mage dwelling, to the south another mage dwelling and gremlin dwelling, so no restarts. Had enough gold for 4 heroes, decent striking force of 136 master gremlins. :) On day 112, I free Rissa level 5 (expert attack and mysticism), send her to the castle, upgrade gremlins, transfer to Neela, now 170+ of them, break through to the swamp secondary town (lots of medusas with a griffin stack), lose 30+ gremlins, get Air. On day 114, I take the swamp secondary, scout the area, got a decent amount of gold, hire a hero to clear the swamp, Neela returns to the snow. Two penalty terrains cause certain movement issues, and no Pathfinding yet. On day 116, I break through many orcs with Fafner, take the mage dwelling, buy them out, in the capital I have nagas, in the secondary wyverns. On day 117: I break through to the teleporter through a hundred zombies and a pack of gold golems, end up in another swamp, see a Dragon Utopia next to the road, guarded by a horde of orc chieftains, they also block the path to the swamp secondary, I turn around and sleep at home. Week result: at home level 1,2,3,4,6 in the Citadel, in the secondary level 1,2,6 in the Fort, market. Week 2. On day 122, I take the medusa dwelling, check the Griffin Conservatory: tier 3 with a griffin stack. On day 123, I take the plate armor +1 all stats, advance Air, get Wisdom and Resistance. On day 124, a Dwarf Cottage with 100 dwarves, 2nd mage dwelling. On day 125, a mini Dwarf Cottage, I head to the lift, presumed treasure zone. Neela sleeps right in the lift on top of 1+1 gargoyles (no one else to gain speed on), meanwhile Fafner loots crypts nearby in the snow and guarded gold chests. Then on day 127, a dragon fly hive of Red's pops out of the ground with one goblin, runs into Neela, and dies from arrow fire. Immediately another scout hero attacks with some Inferno army, Neela buys her way to the capital, runs to 2 medusa dwellings in the south (was planning to split them anyway). Fafner kills the enemy scout and transfers troops home. Week result: in the capital market 1-7 in the castle, 2 floors of magic, in the secondary level 1,2,3,5,6 + Citadel and Village Hall. Week 3. On day 131, I loot two medusa dwellings, expert Air, get Pathfinding! On day 132, for 90+ nomads a chest for 5k exp and a Dragon Scale Shield in a grave. On day 133, I finally get Earth, split forces in the capital, head to the Griffin Conservatory. On day 135, I reach it and take with Mass Haste and an army of 193 master gremlins, 3 giants, 8 nagas, 34 mages a tier 3 stack with griffins losing 1 ancient gargoyle (took for the first turn) and 2 gargoyles. On day 136, I loot cyclops stockpiles (6 each), split forces home, restore mana. On day 137, I go to the teleporter, break through the orc horde, head towards the swamp secondary. Week result: home has Village Hall, Mage Guild level 4 (Berserk and Water Walk :( ), but Neela's Wisdom is still basic, in the secondary unchanged. Week 4. On day 142, I take the swamp secondary, free Nymus level 10, 3 scout heroes scatter across the swamp with gnolls, collect gold bit by bit, at home I build the Library hoping for Town Portal (but get Inferno). On day 143, I sleep at the Dragon Utopia, at home upgrade mages, resource drain. On day 144, I take the Dragon Utopia for 3 Azure Dragons with an army of 13 nagas, 5 giants, 3 angels, 100 master gremlins (for meat shield), 1+1 ancient gargoyles and 50 archmages, losing all gremlins, gargoyles, 2 giants and 1 angel. Get Earth Book(!), Angelic Arrows +15%, Captain's Hat, Archmage's Crown +4 and 30k gold, advance Wisdom. On day 145, upgrade nagas, buy 15 master genies, head towards the Dwarf Cottage in the swamp. First priority is to advance Earth for proper use of Town Portal. On day 146, Neela is offered to advance Earth or basic Logistics! What to choose… a minute of agonizing deliberation, but ultimately I choose Earth for city control. On day 147, Town Portal to the swamp secondary, sleep there, a scout hero passes a Spirit of Oppression found in a chest. Week result: home unchanged, in the 1st swamp secondary level 1,2,3,5,6 in the castle, in the 2nd secondary level 1,2,6 in the Fort + market and Village Hall. I see in the tavern that Dessa's combat stats are noticeably higher than Neela's. Week 5. On day 211, I finally go to the underground treasure zone south of the swamp secondary (inconvenient location, penalty terrain snow and swamp, lack of Logistics noticeably slowed the pace), Pathfinding only basic, so I move on serpents, nowhere else to go. On day 213, underground I get Blackshard +3 (first sword all game, still no shield), expert Earth. Neela crawls very slowly at 5 speed (starting to regret not taking Logistics), no Air scouting, have to go blind, aided by a couple scouts. On day 214, I take the max Dragon Fly Hive. I see a Book of Air behind many cavaliers. For the 3rd time, an enemy scout hero Calid with ancient psychos, minotaurs (probably took from a camp) comes from the underground trying to scout the capital's location, I chase him off again with Nymussa and 270+ gremlins. On day 215, I take the Book of Air, a Dragon Utopia nearby, approach and on day 216 check it – maximum strength, take it with an army of 61 archmages, 5 giants, 2 angels, 15 master genies, 17 naga queens, 26 wyverns, 1 ancient gargoyle. I lose all angels, 2 archmages, 1 gargoyle, 1 naga queen, too bad I couldn't restore the angels. Get Titan's Thunder set (without cuirass), Red Boots, head north in the treasure zone. On day 217, I get the Resist Cloak (Neela's total resistance becomes 45%), check the teleporter: leads into enemy Rampart territory, Town Portal to the swamp secondary, sleep. Week result: home has Capitol, in the secondary upgrade gorgons, in the 2nd secondary level 1,2,3,5,6 + castle. I buy all gorgons and wyverns in case of plague. Week 6. On day 221, I see Dessa at the border of the respawn, use Town Portal to buy all wyverns and gorgons, upgrade gorgons, buy who I can in Tower, sleep in the capital. On day 222, Dessa uses Dimension Door and doesn't quite reach the castle. I decide to scout, attack with Fafner, he is killed with a morale proc before he can move and see. I sacrifice Nymussa, she gets through, I see no speed bonuses, morale and luck +2, decide to cast Lightning Bolt, but no dice: Dessa uses Sphere of Inhibition! I spend all resources, buy who I can, equip the Spirit of Oppression to neutralize Dessa's high morale and attack. Neela level 19, 74 archmages, 32 mighty gorgons, 264 master gremlins, 38 wyvern monarchs, 5 giants, 20 naga queens, 25 master genies. Dessa level 19, 14 royal cyclops, 5 angels, 19 thunderbirds, 32 wyverns, 9 ancients, 45 wolves, 72 orc chieftains. The opponent redeployed with Tactics, protecting the cyclops and orcs. But Neela's ranged support was stronger, forcing the barbarians to advance. Superiority in meat shield, home territory (snow) and Neela's specialty decided the battle outcome: survivors were 71 archmages, 30 mighty gorgons, 32 wyvern monarchs, 6 naga queens. Thank you Headhunter for an interesting game! :)
Congratulations, Erdem, on winning the tournament! HeadHunter also did a great job, as did Van and Denchelsi. And in general, thank you to all the participants and, of course, to our excellent organizers, Kash and SEM-56, and everyone who contributed to the tournament!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For now, just a modest announcement: Congratulations to Erdem on winning the "Novice-2009" tournament. This is unofficial, let's just say :) I'm giving HeadHunter the opportunity to confirm and add something of his own (so that everything is in order), and you can rejoice, express your congratulations, wishes, comments, and so on. You'll see my final post tomorrow. Thank you all for your kind words; my ICQ is already full of them. If there are any more expressions of gratitude, you can buy me a beer; I'll give you my address ;)
Gomunguls - I was just kidding =) Can't I have a little fun?))
- Почему женщины любят кентавров? - И мужик в доме, и скотина в хозяйстве.
Штирлиц шел по коридору. Вдруг одна из дверей открылась, оттуда выскочил Борман, дал Штирлицу сильного пендаля и заскочил обратно. «Гарпия» - догадался Штирлиц.
I want to congratulate both participants because they both made it to the final and I know how much nerves, effort, and time they spent!!! Erdema, congratulations on winning the tournament, well done!!! I also want to thank everyone who participated in the organization and running of the tournament!!!