Connection ErrorBad RequestThis page went staleSession ExpiredSign in requiredForbiddenNot FoundToo Many RequestsServer ErrorBad GatewayService UnavailableGateway TimeoutHTTP Version Not Supported
Session Expired
Your session has expired. Please log in to continue.
Sign in required
You need an account to do that. Sign in or create one — it only takes a minute.
This page went stale
Your security token was rejected, usually because the page sat open too long or you signed in elsewhere. Nothing was saved. Reload the page and try again.
Request Failed
We encountered an issue while processing your request.
Please check your internet connection and try again.
The ring ignores protection only for the hero. That is, if a Chaos mage has such a ring, for example, then a Titan (with an innate Chaos protection) will receive full damage from the spell - the protection will be ignored. The effect of the ring does NOT apply to creatures under the hero's command.
This cannot be true because read the description of this artifact: When casting spells, all protection limitations of creatures will be ignored, whether they are spells or abilities. And now, WHERE HAVE YOU SEEN A HERO HAVING PROTECTION AS AN ABILITY???
Hmm... perhaps I'll chime in too, since this topic has been brought up.
I think that amulets are ignored on those creatures on which the mage with the ring casts a spell... i.e., if a Chaos mage (with the ring) casts a Chaos spell (damage) on a Titan (who has a Chaos amulet), then the spell ignores the amulet and deals full damage... this does not apply to the hero's creatures, i.e., Chaos Bolt will not hit the Titan with full force, because the amulet is in effect. I think that's how it works...
But there's a question: does this ring also remove the amulet from its own creatures for an enemy mage?
I think that amulets are ignored on those creatures on which the mage with the ring casts a spell.... i.e., if a Chaos mage (with a ring) casts a Chaos spell (damage) on a Titan (who has a Chaos amulet), then the spell ignores the amulet and deals full damage.......
That is correct. Arandor;141693
it doesn't apply to the hero's creatures, i.e., Chaos Discharge will not hit the Titan with full force, because the amulet works)) I think so...
That is not true. If the Hero-owner of Chaos Discharge has this ring, then Chaos Discharge will hit with maximum force. I checked this. Also, instead of Chaos Discharge, it's an Angel, and instead of a Titan, it's a Devil (Life amulet). The ring works against skills and amulets obtained through the magic of LIFE. (The Necromancy amulet (Nature magic) works regardless of whether the ring is present or not).
Okay... ) Thanks to everyone for the help!))) P.S. Maybe we should rename the topic to "Questions about the game (Heroes 4)?")) or just "Questions about Heroes 4")) P.S.S. A suggestion for the moderators!)))
That is not true. If the Hero-owner of the Creature of Doom has this ring, then the Creature of Doom will attack with maximum force. I checked this. Also, instead of the Creature of Doom, it's an Angel, and instead of the Titan, it's a Devil (Amulet of Life). The ring works against skills and amulets obtained through the magic of LIFE. (The Amulet of Necromancy (Magic of Nature) works regardless of whether the ring is present or not).
The check is simply incorrect. The Titan and the Devil have an innate amulet, so the Creature of Doom will always attack them "the same way," in the sense that it will be the same with or without the ring. But in any case, the ring ignores amulets when the hero casts spells, not when dealing physical damage.
This cannot be, because read the description of this artifact: When casting spells, all amulet restrictions of creatures will be ignored, whether they are spells or abilities. And now, WHERE HAVE YOU SEEN A HERO HAVING AN AMULET AS AN ABILITY???
Perhaps I was misunderstood. The point is that the ring allows you to ignore amulets, both innate and cast; it doesn't matter who has this amulet, the hero or the creature. It is only important that the ring works only for the hero, for its owner, but not for its army.
And an amulet for a hero as an ability is actually very common; for example, the Paladin, and there are also Armor of Life, Death, and Order - with their help, the amulet also becomes like an ability, not a spell. But that's not what we're talking about
Отдай свои прошлые сны, В сомненьях себя обрети, В бешеном танце душа кружится! Не думай, что будет потом, Здесь и сейчас мы живем, Стань хоть на миг сам собой, слышишь!
The check is simply incorrect. Titan and Devil have an innate protection, so Chaos Devil will always attack them "equally," in the sense that it will be the same with or without the ring. But in any case, the ring ignores protections when the hero casts spells, not when dealing physical damage.
The power of Protection lies not only in defending against damage from a given type of magic but also in providing 50% increased defense against creatures of that race. For example: Chaos Devil against Titan. The Chaos Devil will deal only half of its normal damage to the Titan because it has Chaos protection. But if the hero controlling the Chaos Devil has a Ring of Small Negation, the Chaos Devil will deal full damage to the Titan. ZYbr;141707
in the sense that it will be the same with or without the ring.
I meant Necromancy protection. The ring does not affect it.
The power of the Amulet lies not only in protecting against damage from a specific type of magic but also in providing 50% increased defense against creatures of that race. For example: Chaos Drake against a Titan. The Chaos Drake will deal only half of its normal damage to the Titan because it has a Chaos Amulet. However, if the hero controlling the Chaos Drake has a Ring of Minor Negation, the Chaos Drake will deal full damage to the Titan.
Incorrect, it will not deal full damage. Because: 1) The ring only helps the wearer, not their army. 2) The ring ignores the amulet when using magic, not physical attacks. P.S. I know what the amulet does.
Отдай свои прошлые сны, В сомненьях себя обрети, В бешеном танце душа кружится! Не думай, что будет потом, Здесь и сейчас мы живем, Стань хоть на миг сам собой, слышишь!
Incorrect, it won't deal full damage. Because: 1) The ring only helps the wearer, not their army. 2) The ring ignores the ward when using magic, not physical attacks. P.S. I know what the ward does.
I completely agree with ZYbr, I've checked everything and tested it myself many times:D P.S. General, you're a good guy, but don't muddy the waters:D
С самого начала позаботься о своем месте в жизни, чтобы не уподобиться маятнику. /Херберт. Ф./
I don't think I chose the wrong topic... A friend brought me the game – Heroes of Might and Magic IV, Era of Death (it features Alexander, something else, and those 6 battle-campaigns from the Era of Death...). I started playing the first campaign in the Era – you get characters, two of whom are heroes – Abbot Baldwin and a Knight (I don't remember his name) – and they have to survive and reach the gates before the opponent, all within four days. It's definitely possible to do... Done. The first mission is complete. The second mission – two level 1 heroes without an army, with 100 health points each, dealing 30-40 damage or so – in a snowy forest. An old man tells you to find the White Oracles and visit the mage Musso. At the inn, the lumberjacks ask you to clear the sawmills of monsters... I looked for the Oracles – I found two. I tried to kill the ice monsters, but what can two weak level 1 heroes do against 30-35 monsters? The monk has healing and Holy Word as spells... The monsters kill the knight in one hit, and the monk in the second... My two heroes barely managed to take down one... I searched everywhere – I couldn't find any way to progress further except by defeating the monsters and letting the lumberjacks clear the path... but I can't win!((( I even tried entering a code – to add angels to my knight and monk... the code doesn't work. I tried entering a code for victory in battle – it doesn't work either...
Or am I missing something/not understanding something... or is this a pirated copy (I highly doubt the game is licensed – I have a separate licensed copy of Alexander, and the codes work there, although I haven't used them)? Is this one particularly buggy? What would you advise, what can you suggest? Is it possible to complete this mission?
Sincerely, Simas
Simas,
besides version 1.0 (always sold in a red box by Buka), the official versions of Heroes of Might and Magic IV include the expansions The Coming Storm and Whirlwinds of War. The mod Equilibris 3.42 and 3.51 can also be included in this list. The other expansions are pirated and are usually not discussed on the forums.
ZYbr, Leshij, General ZeT, have you figured out the KMO?
Hello, I have a problem. I've been playing for less than a month, and the game is very addictive, but I've hit a dead end in the "War with Relatives" scenario. I don't know where to find Munaru's mother and get the key from her. Please help, if anyone knows. Thank you in advance.
Отдай свои прошлые сны, В сомненьях себя обрети, В бешеном танце душа кружится! Не думай, что будет потом, Здесь и сейчас мы живем, Стань хоть на миг сам собой, слышишь!
This is a scenario; the disc says "Russian version of Heroes of Might and Magic IV," and nothing else is specified. It seems to be from 2002, if I'm not mistaken.
Отдай свои прошлые сны, В сомненьях себя обрети, В бешеном танце душа кружится! Не думай, что будет потом, Здесь и сейчас мы живем, Стань хоть на миг сам собой, слышишь!