Connection ErrorBad RequestThis page went staleSession ExpiredSign in requiredForbiddenNot FoundToo Many RequestsServer ErrorBad GatewayService UnavailableGateway TimeoutHTTP Version Not Supported
Session Expired
Your session has expired. Please log in to continue.
Sign in required
You need an account to do that. Sign in or create one — it only takes a minute.
This page went stale
Your security token was rejected, usually because the page sat open too long or you signed in elsewhere. Nothing was saved. Reload the page and try again.
Request Failed
We encountered an issue while processing your request.
Please check your internet connection and try again.
Let's not go off-topic, even in the general discussion thread. There's a separate topic for discussing gods. Here, other questions are raised. And if I were the moderator of this thread, I would consider everything written above as evil. I'm thinking, maybe we should focus on developing new concepts, because neither good nor evil reflects the full complexity of the world.
and why do questions on this topic evoke such associations with religion in people? Huh? I agree 100% with AlexeyPank! and for those who can still abstract, here's a question: good and evil exist in our world, and that's undeniable! but when did they come into our world??:smile32:
and why do questions on this topic evoke such associations with religion in people? Huh? I agree 100% with AlexeyPank! and for those who can still abstract, here's a question: good and evil exist in our world, and that's undeniable! but when did they come into our world???:smile32:
They came when humans appeared, because they are the initiator and instigator of evil and good deeds.
To be honest, I also tend to agree with Alexei and Regulus (who, by the way, was the first to express the idea about the off-topic discussion starting!). The topic is dedicated to good and evil, not to different religions.
Of course, the problem of good and evil is very closely related to religion, but it is still the priority here, and we should not forget about it.
Alexei - I appreciate your wit: "If I were a moderator, I would consider the above as evil":D
С Пути сбивают мелкие достижения, а изощрённые суждения скрывают смысл слов. И вот уже возникают "правильное" и "неправильное"... - Чжуан-цзы Сильванис
I think that good and evil appeared when humans developed a conscience. Because it is conscience that makes us consider actions to be good or evil. Until a person considers an action to be good, it is not good, even if it makes the whole world happy. The same applies to evil.
And I think they exist regardless of the existence of humans and the world:) Well, yes, I already talked about that:)
And I'll repeat something from my own creed - at the level of the whole world, only good exists. Evil appears only when there is a specific point of view...
С Пути сбивают мелкие достижения, а изощрённые суждения скрывают смысл слов. И вот уже возникают "правильное" и "неправильное"... - Чжуан-цзы Сильванис
and why do questions on this topic evoke such associations with religion in people? Huh? I agree 100% with AlexeyPank! and for those who can still abstract, here's a question: good and evil exist in our world, and that's undeniable! but when did they come into our world???:smile32:
Both good and evil come with a living being, and leave with it, because everyone perceives the world differently...
Ничего нет только у мёртвого - у живого есть хотя бы жизнь...
So, you believe that every living creature has its own understanding of good and evil?
С Пути сбивают мелкие достижения, а изощрённые суждения скрывают смысл слов. И вот уже возникают "правильное" и "неправильное"... - Чжуан-цзы Сильванис
I agree about the off-topic discussion and even apologized in one of my posts for it. I am also uncomfortable with the religious debate in a thread about good and evil, so personally, I won't post on these topics here anymore. As for my opinion on good and evil, I think I expressed it somewhere at the top of the thread.
2Berserk If you want to discuss the Bible, I suggest creating a separate thread. Personally, I don't want to. I consider it something like "a fencing exercise." Everyone interprets the Bible differently: Jews, Christians, Muslims, atheists. Everyone has their own understanding and interpretation. It's just strange that Christians gather in groups and threaten each other, accusing each other of all sorts of mortal sins. However it
Настоящие герои - не те, пред кем мы преклоняемся, а те, кого мы оплевываем...[/COLOR] ----------------------------- "So much has gone and little is new"
But, dear Ganymede, non-Christians also gather in groups and accuse each other. Racism is the first logical conclusion drawn from the theory of Evolution. What Hitler did, from an evolutionary perspective, is good.
I am amazed at where atheists get their patriotism from.
"We will remember and honor him..." - about a fallen warrior. Why would he need that? He is dead. He is gone. He is no longer part of the food chain. I wouldn't go to any war if I were an atheist. If death is the end, then no slogans will make me sacrifice my life. All priorities change.
But I agree, let's not go off-topic anymore.
In that case, at the beginning of any topic, we need to define the axioms, and then proceed to the theorems. Maybe we should start with a poll: are good and evil absolute or relative? Although there is nothing to discuss. Almost everyone has stated that they are fluid concepts, that is, relative. A few people believe that they are absolute. And that's it. Each post confirms one or the other theory. Then I will ask the question: can white be black at the same time in an absolute sense?
Can a square be round?
You are, in effect, answering that it can. One person will look at the object with their eyes, and another through an impenetrable helmet. Or for each person, squares look different. For you, it's a square; for him, it's a circle. There is nothing like this in science, and these dualities are created by you yourselves.
Let's summarize everything that has been said. After all, each person has their own concept of good and evil. If you teach a child that killing and stealing are good, and helping is evil, then that will be their understanding. Therefore, it is impossible to definitively say what Good and Evil are.
As for me (and Berserk and Novizard), good and evil are not just human perceptions, but also real, objective concepts. I won't try to define them, at least because they are also somewhat distorted by my subjective perception. By the way, absolutely everything we know is subjective: everything is perceived slightly differently by everyone, evokes different emotions, associations, etc.; even the laws of physics and the most objective things, like the table on which your computer stands, are subjective concepts. So, let's put the question this way: do you think that good and evil exist regardless of our knowledge/ignorance of them? I think they do. What about the other forum members?
С Пути сбивают мелкие достижения, а изощрённые суждения скрывают смысл слов. И вот уже возникают "правильное" и "неправильное"... - Чжуан-цзы Сильванис