Connection ErrorBad RequestThis page went staleSession ExpiredSign in requiredForbiddenNot FoundToo Many RequestsServer ErrorBad GatewayService UnavailableGateway TimeoutHTTP Version Not Supported
Session Expired
Your session has expired. Please log in to continue.
Sign in required
You need an account to do that. Sign in or create one — it only takes a minute.
This page went stale
Your security token was rejected, usually because the page sat open too long or you signed in elsewhere. Nothing was saved. Reload the page and try again.
Request Failed
We encountered an issue while processing your request.
Please check your internet connection and try again.
It would be great to create a thread where maps are listed with their names and sizes, along with direct links to download them. (Mods have something similar).
Yes, that would be good. Something like an archive. I don't know if there's anything like that on the forum. I don't know how to search for it. In the 16 years I've been on the forum, a lot has changed (some links are already dead, some authors are no longer in contact, etc.). Fortunately, I have a separate drive for archiving games, and if I see something that's no longer available, I can find a clone of it, but that would require suggestions to the moderators.
I completed this scenario on Hero difficulty, using the version from comment #42.
WalkthroughThe beginning of the game went smoothly; Arantir left the swamps on day 31 (the quest required him to do so within two months). I defeated Faiza, who was guarding the amulet, but suffered losses of 2 higher vampires. The problem is that Wingael and the mage, Arachomus, are pursuing us. Wingael stops chasing Arantir after a certain point, but Arachomus always poses a threat because he gathers an army from three cities (you can't take them; it results in an instant defeat). It's important to note that you can hide from Arachomus in the crypt and the necromancer's Sanctuary; I also discovered several blocked regions for him during the game. In the crypt, I found the Boots of the Wayfarer in one of the tombs, and I had obtained the Boots of Travel earlier. I reached Saur (the final opponent) in the middle of the third month, but it turned out that he had a large army and Chaos. I checked that Saur's army doesn't depend on time, and then I simply ran around the map, gathering troops from dwellings and necromancy, while evading Arachomus. The battle with Saur turned out to be much easier than I thought: I summoned a phoenix and cast Heavenly Shields on everyone; the troops with +5 luck dealt a lot of damage. The scenario was completed in 114 days.
The scenario has many interesting scripts, cutscenes, and additional quests. As for the difficulty... I only had problems on the strategic map (I constantly had to watch out for the mage catching up, which led to reloads); the battles are easy. Others have already written about the garrison bug, but I still managed to overcome it.
Thank you very much for the map!