Connection ErrorBad RequestThis page went staleSession ExpiredSign in requiredForbiddenNot FoundToo Many RequestsServer ErrorBad GatewayService UnavailableGateway TimeoutHTTP Version Not Supported
Session Expired
Your session has expired. Please log in to continue.
Sign in required
You need an account to do that. Sign in or create one — it only takes a minute.
This page went stale
Your security token was rejected, usually because the page sat open too long or you signed in elsewhere. Nothing was saved. Reload the page and try again.
Request Failed
We encountered an issue while processing your request.
Please check your internet connection and try again.
No offense, Artem, but judging by the game, your opinion is more authoritative:cool:
I wrote what I wrote – overall, I agree with the message, but one particular phrase bothered me. Yes, and I don't care about your opinion on the game that I don't play, of course, no offense.
I wrote what I wrote – overall, I agree with the message, but one particular phrase was unpleasant. Yes, and I don't care about your opinion on the game I don't play, of course, no offense.
And where in this "it seems you'll go to HotA and won't be able to carry. But undoubtedly, it's an authoritative opinion" (C) Valenok – is YOUR overall agreement? Or am I blind, or are we not understanding each other? I only see the phrase "stay on the sidelines" and sarcasm.:cool:
many players don't stand a chance of winning first place (including myself, of course). And in the competition, by the way, do you have one? If not, go to Hotku, there you can easily win a tournament. Regarding the topic, after Dirty's posts, there's nothing more to add; the voting is purely subjective – it's all about personal connections.
It seems like you'll also struggle in HotA – you won't be able to win. But it's definitely an authoritative opinion.
If you didn't understand, I mean that in HotA, the number of strong players relative to tournaments is much smaller than in SoD. Therefore, the difficulty of winning such a tournament decreases, and the overall level of the tournament is lower than any SoD tournament. Hence, the conclusion is that the winners of HotA achieved victory more easily than the winners of SoD, and it is unfair to equate these victories to the players who won in a more difficult competition. As for your friend, he also plays well in SoD, but he didn't win anything in it in 2016. :cool:
If you didn't understand, I mean that the number of strong players in relation to the tournaments is much smaller, which makes it easier to organize such a tournament, and the overall level of the tournament is lower than any Soda tournament. Therefore, the conclusion is that the winners of the Hot tournament achieved victory more easily than the winners of the Soda tournament, and it is unfair to equate these victories in relation to the players who won in a more difficult competition. As for your friend, he also plays well in Soda, but he didn't win anything in it in 2016. :cool:
+About the significance of tournaments. I wanted to write about it, but I was too lazy to start an argument. P.S. I didn't watch the tournaments, I don't know who won what. Vitaly won a medal 2 years ago - I voted for him.
Let me try to figure it out:
1) The topic is called "Player of the Year 2016." It's logical to assume that this topic is about choosing the best player of 2016, and this is even stated in the initial post. However, several different viewpoints have been expressed in this topic regarding how to determine who is the best:
- The strongest player of the year, according to the subjective opinion of the voters.
- The strongest player based on the results of Tournaments.
- The player who has made the most progress, according to the subjective opinion of the voters.
- The "fan favorite" award, which, in general, is not necessarily related to the results.
In general, these are all different criteria, and most of the current disputes in the topic are related to how different people perceive this nomination.
And precisely because there are no unified standards for evaluation, this diminishes the perceived value of winning this nomination.
2) Frankly, I am very surprised by the method of choosing the best player – by voting. Please excuse me, but so many different factors influence voting that it can easily distort objective reality, for example:
- "because he's a fellow countryman"
- "I don't like this guy"
- "I watched a couple of streams this year, and this guy is incredibly good"
I mean that even if a person wants to be objective (and this is not the entire electorate), they need to understand the form of all players throughout the year, at least observe all Tournaments during the year, which requires a lot of time and effort.
I don't know about you, but I think that voting can only be used for the "fan favorite" nomination.
3) I also disagree with the statement that "there is a rating system to determine the strongest player, and it does its job." In the final of a Tournament, victory is much more valuable than in a fun game afterward. But for the rating, it's all the same. And even assuming that the rating really assesses the player's strength (which is very debatable), it only shows a snapshot at a specific point in time. But the best player of the year is at least 365 different days in a year, and in each of them, there can be a different top 1.
4) I think the discussion would be much more interesting if it went in the following direction: how to try to objectively identify the best. As strange as it may seem, many types of individual sports have been invented in the world, in which Tournaments are held throughout the year: chess, poker, biathlon, tennis, etc. And in them, the best is determined every year – choose a system that is closer.
For example:
a) chess: Candidates Tournament (very similar to the Facebook group) + match for the championship title.
b) tennis: ranking Tournaments are announced. Within each Tournament, a certain number of ranking points are awarded – this is determined at the highest level at the beginning of the year or before the first round based on the representativeness of the participants. For HotA, you can assign 2 fewer ranking points or not assign any at all – but this is determined not by one specific person, but by a vote in the Admin Council or by another method. The distribution of ranking points depending on the place taken can be taken, for example, from poker or biathlon. This, by the way, will also help the developers of HotA themselves; they will have a clearer idea of how ready the project is for Tournaments.
At the end of the year, the ratings are summed up. The one who scores the most is the player of the year.
Objectively? I, like the federations of other sports, believe that yes. Why is voting used in our case? Apparently, it's simply easier. But easier doesn't mean better.
And in biathlon, it's essentially the same: there's a World Cup ranking and a World Championship where medals are awarded. We can create a World Cup ranking based on tournament results, but the World Championship is only suitable for, at best, the CIS countries with some stretching. Furgad is number 1 in terms of stability, and we'll see what happens at the World Championship in a week. Tennis is similar: there's essentially a series of tournaments, the most prestigious of which are the Masters and the year-end tournament for the top eight players in the ranking. In HeroesLeague, AlanProst created such a system; if anyone here is an old-timer, at least Dust or Horn should remember it.
And yet, Vitaly :) Despite the fact that during the vote count, the votes of a number of players who voted for him were canceled as not meeting the criteria (a year on HeroesWorld or 1 tournament) — butcefallos, GoDL1Ke, Joric, Pre_stige, shpee, the remaining votes were enough for victory. That's what dedicated fans mean :) Congratulations to Gomunguls on the title "Player of 2016" and I wish you to win more than one tournament, so that next year you will also become one of the nominees and compete for the title "Player of 2017" :smile13:
Vitaly, congratulations on the victory! I would like to see him at CIS 2017. If Merlin manages to organize an event in Volgograd, that would be a nice addition to Volgograd's application. I wish Vanya to maintain a positive attitude and achieve victories at CIS and Siberia, at least in poker. And I wish Cobra more second-place finishes.
Стримы HMM5 на полных картах мод TE: ru.twitch.tv/noom11
Alex_nv - draw - Vovan112013 летос 236
alex_nv wrote: Наконец то нормальная игра с открытием половины карты.