Connection ErrorBad RequestThis page went staleSession ExpiredSign in requiredForbiddenNot FoundToo Many RequestsServer ErrorBad GatewayService UnavailableGateway TimeoutHTTP Version Not Supported
Session Expired
Your session has expired. Please log in to continue.
Sign in required
You need an account to do that. Sign in or create one — it only takes a minute.
This page went stale
Your security token was rejected, usually because the page sat open too long or you signed in elsewhere. Nothing was saved. Reload the page and try again.
Request Failed
We encountered an issue while processing your request.
Please check your internet connection and try again.
This is a cleaner discussion forum than the tribune, but the topic was created with that in mind, and here: :smile30: :smile13:
skiing, snowboarding - you're a skier, you're a snowboarder, true skill is only on...
I'll start by downloading Santa Barbara with my 64kb/s, and then I'll see - and how you figure out what's "better" (and for whom). I hope to finish watching the 20-year-old series :D
This is precisely why I never played WT: - When I went to the WT website, I didn't understand anything at all. Yes, I am lazy, and sometimes it’s easier for me to click on a red cross than to spend hours figuring out a bunch of symbols, but this doesn't negate the fact that there is absolutely NOTHING written about the differences from SoD. There are footnotes about changes in new patches, but personally, this means nothing to me. - I have no idea how to install it, and there is also nothing about it on the site. There is a link to a 20MB version of WT; where should I put it? On Heroes? What will happen to my SoD version then? Will I be able to switch between versions, or do I need to install a new Heroes game for SoD afterward? I don't want to test and check all of this, especially considering the opinions of many respected Heroes players regarding WT. - Where can I find out what the Mage Guild rework is, how auctions work, what WT under SoD, full FT, etc., mean? Maybe it exists somewhere on the site, but apparently, it is classified and kept in a safe, and the keys to the safe are with the keeper of traditions, whom nobody has seen. - If there were information, there would be interest, especially since WT is supposedly so great. But without information, you might as well watch Eurovision instead of opera.
The whole point isn’t even related to the topic – whether it’s WT or SoD – it’s just the perspective of a “new school” player, and I think there will be others like that.
Ask the veterans; they will gladly help. Just message me at 286406830.)
For starters, here is a thread, first post: /topic/6077/ Here is a link to the manual: /post/346477/
Where to download the WT patch - http://www.heroeswt.net/download.php It's best to copy a clean SoD (preferably without the HD mod initially) into a separate folder on your computer and install the WT patch on top of it. Where to download a bare SoD – there was a link; you need to find it. kalababa
We are seriously planning to join in with Diablo, but I will only play SoD; otherwise, I’ll just be an observer.
Okay, we're putting you on the train! I hope that this year, at least, we can buy out a whole carriage. SoD is SoD, but we'll have prizes to give away while we travel!
And at the event itself, as it should be: vodka, poker, and strip clubs :smile14:
"Это нам идеально подходит!" [Новосибирск, 2013] "Красавчик! Если только не читер.." [Киев, 2014] "Это Вам не шутки - нажрался Dust в маршрутке" [Новокузнецк, 2015] Сам ты фиш (с) :D
LeBronthe good old confrontation of TE/VT vs SoD/HD will never lose its status as the most toxic thread; only the actors and settings change, and even the phrases are the same as they were 6 years ago :DDimka, you're wrong. Yes, it gets toxic, but truth is born in dispute :) 6 years ago I was also against TE; back then, supporters of that version used different arguments for TE: that you could separate single units, fast troop exchange. As a result, a mod appeared. That's already a plus from the toxicity. Now the arguments are about one-way paths and extra artifacts in Dragon Utopia obelisks.
Regarding one-way paths — personally, my imho is that I don't want to spend many hours on HL+U only to not even survive until the final battle (which happens quite often). Removing artifacts like the captain's hat and obelisks can be done in SoD as well. Therefore, I even believe that there is no need to change or improve SoD; it is already beyond competition compared to VT.
Дипломатия - искусство говорить собаке "хорошая собачка" до тех пор пока не найдешь подходящую палку.
P.S. I would be all for it if we could have checkboxes in the forum before a game, like removing obelisks, water artifacts, one-sided maps, giving heroes three stacks, making neutral creatures have no guard skills, and removing morale. But it should be clear and accessible, without referring to old, outdated topics and extracting bits of information. to Kobra: thanks, if you manage to make it to the CIS tournament, and it's decided to play Warlords Tournament, I'll definitely contact you; you'll have to answer my stupid questions, you volunteered, so you can't back out ;)
ps. I would be all for it if there were checkboxes in the game settings before each game, like to remove obelisks, water artifacts, one-sided maps, give heroes three stacks, make neutral creatures without guard skills, without morale, but it should be clear and accessible, without referring to old, outdated topics and extracting crumbs of information. to Kobra: thank you, if you manage to make it to the CIS tournament, and it is decided to play VT, I will definitely contact you; you'll have to answer my idiotic questions, you volunteered, so you can't back out ;)
Do you think VT players are such hardcore gamers that they set checkboxes before each game?)) You set up the loading file with the necessary settings once, and then there is no need to change these settings.
If needed, I can upload files with VTfull and VT settings for SOD.
Yes, SoD is a stable version, but players in it don't develop one bit. It's like playing Minesweeper for speed.
Well, I didn't expect that from you, Mr. Punisher of the pathetic underdeveloped SoD-players) p.s. if the probability of randomness is so greatly reduced in VT, why did their bright representatives fail so miserably in the Siberian crypts without morale?)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but still... The point here was that in HL+U on VT, the strongest player is identified rather than the luckiest one, since everyone can build control and there are no one-way paths. But the vast majority of losses "by layout" occur because, for example, the starting respawn consists of 60% mountains, the road network is terrible, one person has a couple of high-level caches while another has nothing, one has cons, and another has ranged guards everywhere. The probability of gaining an advantage as a result of these initial factors is certainly higher than the absence of control for one and its presence for another in the late game. These probabilities are not taken into account at all in the VT version, except when playing on a mirror template. It turns out that the truly great features refining the balance are the Mage Guild rebuild and the absence of one-way paths + the availability of mirrors can undoubtedly be considered pluses. A debatable point is the sea artifacts in the Dragon Utopia. As for the rest of the fluff, like creature experience, banks, lack of GS, morale, etc., which is presented as "VT pluses" — it's simply a matter of taste and has no effect on balance.